38 | Kids These Days

I'm sorry. This chapter is a mess. XD

      "But hyungs, I don't wanna go." Jungkook whines, holding onto his bedpost with all his might. His ankle is starting to hurt a bit from were Taehyung is relentlessly pulling, but the stubborn muscle pig refuses to let go, "She'll lead me into a dark alley and kill me and toss my mutilated body into the river like Yoongi hyung always says he will!" 

      "Kook-ah, you're being ridiculous." Namjoon huffs from his place beside Taehyung. The leader crosses his arms, disappointment radiating off him in waves, "Not all girls are sasaengs or psychopaths. B-ah is family, and she won't hurt you."

      "How do you know that?!" The maknae yelps when Taehyung uses his entire body weight to pull against Jungkook's strong grip, "Girls are evil!"

      "Anybody can be evil, Jungkook." Namjoon sighs, wishing the youngest hadn't assimilated  Yoongi's stubborn streak, "Boys or girls. You've just had bad luck with women so far, Kook. B isn't like other women. If you stop being a brat and just hang out with her you'll see."

      "I don't want to see!" Jungkook protests, using both of his arms to keep himself in place, "I want to stay home and play Overwatch!"

      "I didn't like her at first either, Kookie." Taehyung huffs, struggling (and failing) to pull the obstinate boy away from his bed, "But then I spent some time with her, and found out that she's actually really awesome! You just got to give her a chance, Kookie. She's adorable and fun, and she really likes ice cream."

      "No!" Jungkook shouts, shutting his eyes tightly, "I won't go! I won't!"

      Jungkook does not want to go out, alone, with some strange sister of Yoongi's. And once Jeon Jungkook has made up his mind, nobody can change it.

      Well, almost nobody.

      "Jeon Jeongguk!" Yoongi's bursts into the room like a tiny (and absolutely terrifying) tornado. His eyes burn with liquid fire as he glares at the stubborn youngest, "Stop this right now! I won't allow this atrocious behavior to continue any longer; we didn't raise you to be a brat! My Byeol-ah has been looking forward to spending time with you all week, and so help me if you make her cry just because you couldn't man up and hang out with her--I'll-- I'll-- I'll make you wish you were never our maknae!"

      And that, by far, is the scariest threat Yoongi could've ever made.

      Reluctantly, Jungkook lets go of the bar and sits on the edge of the bed, bowing his head in an apology to his angry hyung.

      "I'm sorry." The boy mumbles, fumbling with his fingers.

      "No you're not." The unhappy pale man grunts, his eyes dark, "I know this is hard for you, Kook-ah, but your attitude is ridiculous. You're not the only one having a hard time. Byeol-ah's just as afraid of men as you are afraid of girls. The only reason she feels comfortable around you is because you're her tokki and my trusted dongsaeng."

        B's afraid of guys? Jungkook scrunches up his nose. She probably just told hyung that because she wanted more attention. I mean, she's really quiet and hardly says anything, but aren't all Mins like that sometimes? 

      "I don't want to be her tokki." The youngest mumbles, disgruntled.

      "Please, Kook?" Jungkook nearly has a heart attack when he hears his proud hyung begging. Everyone knows that Yoongi hates begging. But here he is, staring down at Jungkook with soft eyes, almost pouting as he asks for the favor. Yoongi keeps his voice silky soft as he pleads, "Can't you just try for three hours?"