41 | D- D- Chats?

"So two orders of Fettuccine Alfredo; one with chicken and one without?" The waiter asks, looking up from his notepad, "Anything else for you folks?"

      "I think that's it," Jimin's statement sounds more like a question than anything else. The orange-haired dancer looks over at B, but she's preoccupied with the hem of her jacket and is too busy staring at the floor to notice his stare. Jimin turns back to the waiter, his voice soft, "But just to be safe, can you make sure that our order doesn't come in contact with any strawberries? B-ah has severe strawberry allergies."

      "I can definitely do that." The waiter assures, writing down another note and underlining it several times, "Your orders should be out in under half an hour, Park-ssi. Don't hesitate to wave someone over if you need anything."

      And with a kind smile and a quick bow the waiter is gone, their menus tucked underneath his arm. B looks up as soon as the waiter vanishes, her shyness disappearing just as fast as it came. She smiles softly, her eyes skittering across the lavish decorations of the restaurant.

      "This place is beautiful, Jiminie." B notes, her voice hesitant and soft, "But it seems too expensive."

      Nothing is too expensive if it makes you happy.

      "It's not that bad, angel." Jimin assures, "I can easily afford it now that our group is starting to get popular, so don't worry about it. It's my treat."

      "I think I've been spoiled too much already." B huffs, her gaze wandering down to the sparkling jewelry on her fingers, "I don't even want to know how much oppa spent on me."

      "There's no such thing as too much spoiling!" Jimin exclaims enthusiastically, his smile bright. B rolls her eyes, but Jimin ignores her snarky response. If Byeol is anything like her older brother she probably secretly likes the affection, so Jimin continues with smile, "Yoongi hyung gives you gifts because he loves seeing you smile. The more he spoils you, the more loves you, I guess you could say."

      "Oppa doesn't need to give me gifts to prove that he loves me." B grumbles, her taffy pink lips shimmering as they're pulled into a pout. Jimin can't tear his eyes away from her mouth as she talks, her lips pursed into a pout even as she forms words, "He's proved that to me in so many different ways already. He doesn't need to worry about silly material things! And neither do you, Noise Boy."

      "Of course we're going to worry about things like that." Jimin tells her sincerely, his voice soft. It's a miracle that his voice doesn't waver, but Jimin's thankful for it nonetheless, "You deserve nothing but the best."

      B blinks up at him, incredulous. Jimin finally tears his gaze away from her lips to meet her gaze, his heart spontaneously combusting when her eyes widen in genuine surprise. 

      Why is she always so surprised that we want to take care of her and make her happy? 

      "D-don't say such things, Noise Boy." B stutters, obviously taken aback, "I think that's going a little far."

       "What about saying that you deserve the best is going a little far?" Jimin inquires, his tone flat and his expression deadly serious. B stares right back at him, her gaze just as intense, but no response slips from her mouth. Jimin's heart sputters at the helpless look in her dark eyes, and his blank expression fades into one of tender adoration. Jimin smiles sadly and reaches out to place his hand over hers, his thumb ghosting over smooth skin, "You've struggled enough as it is, angel. Hyung and I don't want you to suffer anymore. We can see what this job has been doing to you, and it worries us both to death. If you refuse to quit, the least we can do is spoil you when you're with us."