28 | Safety First

Let the Hunger Games begin.

      Jimin pushes the door open, hearing the familiar bell jingling as he steps foot into the Simple Things Cafe yet again. Yesterday, after B had woken him up around four in the morning (who in the world wakes up to go to work at such an ungodly hour, anyway?), she'd told him she wouldn't be able to meet up with him like normal. But today Jimin had broken out into a ecstatic smile when he'd received a text from her saying to meet at the same time, same place. After all, who wouldn't be ecstatic to meet up with their major crush?

 After all, who wouldn't be ecstatic to meet up with their major crush?

      Not that Jimin's crushing on her. Nuh-uh. Not at all. 

      (Shhh! Don't tell Yoongi hyung!)

      So, with an added spring in his step, Jimin walks into the brightly lit cafe, much too excited to meet his best friend's sister, who is most definitely not his crush. 

      "Long time no see, Jimin-ssi!" Mina's eyes twinkle mischievously, eager to hear the latest gossip on the Yoongi-B-Jimin situation, "How's it going?"

      "It's going great!" If the butterflies and sunshine in his chest are anything to go by, it's going awesome, not that Jimin's going to tell Mina that, "Yoongi hyung and B-ah have been getting along great, and she even managed to meet all the rest of the guys without freaking out! So things have been good recently."

      Good might be an understatement. Jimin muses, thinking of all the things that went well in the past couple of days. She agreed finally eat. She agreed to no longer lie. She laughed and smiled more than I've even seen her do before. She got along alright with the guys. She spent the night. And... I might've taken a couple of cute pictures of her and Yoongi hyung cuddling and set it as my lock-screen? But Mina doesn't need to know that either. That's kinda creepy.

      "That's daebak!" Mina cheers, her cheeks flushing a little at the mention of Jimin's grumpy hyung, "I'm glad B-ah has you guys to lean on, now."

      "Me too." Jimin doesn't even want to think about what would've happened if he hadn't been there, practically force-feeding B for the past couple of weeks. 

      "The usual?" Mina questions, already bending down to grab an empty 16-ounce cup, "16 ounce Caramel Macchiato with whip cream and sprinkles on top, with a turkey club and a chocolate milk for the silver-haired nerd?"

      "Yes, please!" Jimin hums contentedly as Mina prepares his order, his eyes wandering over to the door occasionally in expectation of the pretty girl's arrival. As usual, Mina takes less than three minutes to finish, and she hands it all over with one of her blindingly bright smiles, "Thank you, Mina-ssi!"

      "Anytime!" 

      Jimin sits down with the smile still on his face, carefully arranging B's things so that they're easy for her to reach, and he takes a long sip of his Caramel Macchiato, which only seems to have improved in it's taste over the last couple of months. Then again, it's probably Mina's coffee making skills that have improved. Not that it matters to Jimin.