40 | Not a Date

Prepare yourself. 

      The word 'nervous' is a massive understatement of how Jimin's feeling right now. His hands are shaky. He's sweating worse than he ever has in his life (which is impressive considering just how many dance practices he's been to). He can't seem to focus on anything, so his eyes flicker from side to side. Nervous probably isn't the right word to describe the sickening feeling in his gut, but Jimin doesn't know how else to describe it.

      Now that he thinks about it, this probably wasn't the brightest idea. Jimin doesn't know what he expected, but it definitely should've been this.

      "You want to take her to dinner?" Yoongi questions, his eyebrows higher than the clouds. The intimidating sugar white man crosses his arms and tenses his jaw, "Like a date?"

      Jimin wishes it could be a date.

      "No! No!" Jimin quickly exclaims, waving his arms desperately to reject Yoongi's accusation. Jimin doesn't want to die today, no matter how much he wishes his hyung's claim was true. So the boy shoves the idea into the deepest darkest corner of his brain and locks it away, "Not like a date, hyung. I just thought that she would like to chill and relax for a couple hours after all the craziness she's witnessed this week. Just talking and relaxing, like we did all the time at the cafe before I knew that she was your sister."

      "Just talking and stuff?" Yoongi frowns, making Jimin inwardly panic, "That sounds a lot like a date to me."

      "It isn't, hyung." Jimin whines, sporting a pout that he knows Yoongi's soft for, "If it was, I would've asked your permission first, and then I would've asked her out properly. She deserves only the best."

      "You got that right." Yoongi huffs, his arms still crossed and his eyes still dark, "Which restaurant were you planning on taking her to?"

      "The Italian one downtown with the fountain out front." Jimin scratches his nose nervously, his eyes fixed on his own grey tennis shoes, "I love their Fettuccine. Does B-ah like Italian?"

      "I..." Yoongi blinks, "I dunno. We could never afford Italian."

      That definitely doesn't make Jimin feel any better.

      "Should I take her somewhere else, then?" Jimin tentatively asks, fearfully glancing at Yoongi's dissecting eyes, "Y-you know, if you're okay with this. We don't have to eat out if you don't want to. I could take her to-"

      "Italian's fine." Yoongi grunts, "I think she'd like that."

      "Really?" Jimin's asks, shocked that Yoongi hasn't punched his face in yet. His entire mood slowly brightens in excitement, "You really think so?"

      "I don't see why she wouldn't like it." Yoongi mumbles, finally uncrossing his arms and scratching behind his left ear, "She'll like anything if it's from you."

      Jimin doesn't know what to say to that. Thankfully, Yoongi saves him from having to respond.

      "You can take her, but you're still only getting three hours." Yoongi huffs, still scowling. Jimin is ecstatic that Yoongi is allowing him to take her to dinner, but Yoongi isn't quite done talking yet. The pale rapper stares deep in Jimin's chocolate brown eyes, his voice deadly serious, "And there better not be any funny business. If I hear a single complaint, I won't hesitate to castrate you, burn you to a crisp, and throw your miserable ashes into the river!"