27 | The Man on the Other End

AN: First half of the chapter: Fluff

             Second half of the chapter: Angst

             YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

      What does Byeol like? Would she like more traditional Korean dishes? Would she like an American styled breakfast? Does she like pancakes? Does she like what Yoongi likes? Should I wake up Yoongi and ask him what she likes?

      Jin pauses at that thought, temporarily halting his frantic pacing around the kitchen.

      No. That's a bad idea. He'd probably cuss me out and wake the poor girl up in the process. I'll just have to decide what to make on my own.

      Jin bends over to rifle through his cabinets, pulling out the ingredients to make waffles. All seven of the boys seem to enjoys Jin's waffles, so he hopes this new, hard-to-read Byeol does too. With a huff the oldest sets the flour on the table, mentally listing off everything he needs.

3 tablespoons butter.

1 1/2 cup flour.

1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.

Pinch of salt.

2 tablespoons sugar.

1 1/2 cup milk.

2 eggs.

      Jin knows he'll have to triple or quadruple the recipe to make enough waffles to satisfy all the hungry young men in the dorm, but he keeps basic ingredients in stock, so he knows he's got more than enough of everything. Simple enough. In fact, it's one of the simplest dishes Jin knows how to make, so why is he stressing out so much?

      Stupid Yoongi bringing a guest over without telling me. How am I not supposed to freak out? I'm the cook! How am I supposed to know what to cook her? Is she gluten free? Lactose intolerant? Diabetic? Allergic to anything? I have to know these type of things!

      Scowling, Jin throws all of the dry ingredients together and carefully separates the egg whites into the blender, mixing the whites up into a fluffy mass that adds a certain airy quality to the waffles. After mixing all of the ingredients together, Jin pours the batter into two separate waffle irons, and presses the contraptions shut.

 After mixing all of the ingredients together, Jin pours the batter into two separate waffle irons, and presses the contraptions shut

      Jin throws some bacon into the oven;  knowing that both Jungkook and Yoongi will loudly complain if there isn't any meat. Then he cracks a couple of extra eggs and tosses them into a pan; quickly frying up some perfectly salted and peppered scrambled eggs. With a quick taste-test of the eggs, Jin hauls the dish out into the living room, placing it in the middle of the empty table.

      The cutlery is put down first; eight sets of pretty glass cups and navy blue plates with their matching silverware. Jin is careful to put cream-colored napkins at his, Taehyung's and Yoongi's places; the only three members that have enough sense to use them.