50 | Worse for Wear

hi

     Poll: Should I or should I not include Chapter 47 in the Rewrite?

      Yoongi could care less about the stuffy suit his stylist hands to him. He could care less about the frantic way she attempts to wrangle his rebellious hair (he hadn't bothered to comb it after his early morning shower). He could care less about the demonic screaming coming from the weird creatures dancing behind him in wild abandon (who knows what's going on in Hobi's mind in times like this-- why in the world does he think it's fun to scream at the top of his lungs? Yoongi really doesn't understand).  Yoongi could care less, because he's got much more important things to worry about. 

      Most notably, Yoongi is worried about Byeol. Of course, being her older brother, it's a given that Yoongi's always worried about Byeol. Even since she was born, it's been Yoongi's job to worry about her and protect her. She was always so much smaller than everyone else, even the other kids her age, and Yoongi couldn't help but worry that something would happen to her as soon as he left her side. His fears weren't unfounded-- both Min siblings had suffered through an incorrigible amount of bullying (their strikingly pale skin, delicate features and lack of good parents made then easy targets)-- and every time they separated to go to their own classes, Yoongi nearly gave himself an aneurysm from stressing over her safety.

      Back then the solution had been fairly easy. Byeol was very smart for her age, and after a year or two of intensive tutoring, she jumped a couple grades so that she could take the same classes as Yoongi. (AN: Out of pure curiosity, has anyone skipped a grade?) It worked wonderfully- with Yoongi by her side, no one dared bother Byeol. Yoongi was like an atomic bomb if anyone got too close, and none of the other students were willing to risk his wrath.

      Back then the solution had been so simple. Yoongi wishes it had stayed that way. But so much has changed now that they're older, and the two solutions that Yoongi thinks are the most appealing-- Byeol quitting her job or Yoongi suing her boss-- are not ideal.

      And so Yoongi's stuck in this endless cycle of paranoid thoughts and aching worry.

      The nightmare from last night definitely did not help Yoongi's stress levels. Jimin and Taehyung have been watching him like hawks, as if he could break down at a moment's notice. The intense concern in their eyes is almost sickening, and if Yoongi didn't know any better, he'd think they were intentionally trying to give him away. They both agreed to not tell anyone about last night's fiasco, but their over-the-top surveillance is painfully obvious to the remaining members. 

      As much as Yoongi wants to strangle them for being so conspicuous, he knows they're not doing it on purpose. They're genuinely worried about him (gross, Yoongi's mind supplies unhelpfully), and they both happen to be as easy to read as open books.

      Hoseok, unsurprisingly, is the first to notice. The dancer pops up out of his seat with a jubilant shout as soon as the stylist noona declares that he's finished. Hobi skips straight over to the 95 line-- probably hoping to start up another scream-fest --but the two younger boys don't acknowledge his request with anything more than a "Not right now, hyung", and a half-hearted shake of their heads. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. 

      It only takes a couple of minutes for Hoseok to trace the two eldest maknaes' worried glances back to the source, and he doesn't hesitate to sit beside his pale hyung, a gentle expression on his face. Yoongi scowls the moment he spots it-- he knows all too well what that expression means.