35 | In Our Blood Pt. 2

Recap:

      "Then where-" B freezes, finally recognizing where they are, "You've got to be kidding me. You're not serious, right?"

      I'm always serious when it comes to you.

      "I'm 100 percent serious, Byeol-ah." Yoongi's deep voice almost sounds excited, "You don't have any big rings yet, and that's a serious crime against Swag. So I'm gonna buy you a couple of big rings."

      B's jaw drops to the floor.

      The whole store is covered, wall to wall, in glass cases full of sparkling and shimmering items. The walls are hidden behind rows and rows of earrings and necklaces, and the center of the room has the checkers' desk behind large glass cases of rings and pendants and brooches. The soft yellow light filtering out of the round fixtures on the ceiling gives all of the jewelry a golden glow, and B doesn't know where to look.

 The soft yellow light filtering out of the round fixtures on the ceiling gives all of the jewelry a golden glow, and B doesn't know where to look

      Her charcoal black eyes widen comically as she turns to read the nearest sign, holding onto Yoongi's arm for dear life.

      "This is one of the most expensive jewelry stores in town!" B whispers, afraid to disturb the mystifying silence of the store, "There's no way I'm letting you buy me multiple rings from here."

      "Of course I'm buying you multiple rings from here." The pale rapper drawls. Yoongi glances around the room before pulling B to the nearest ring case, "You need to at least pick out three. Don't even look at the prices."

      The swag-master isn't poor anymore. Yoongi smirks, eyeing the price tags in the case that show off numbers he can finally afford. Min Suga can easily afford to spoil her rotten, so why shouldn't I?

      "Three?" A squeak is all that comes out of B's mouth; the blood draining out of her face to leave her whiter than normal, "Oppa, are you sur-"

      The lone attendant behind the counter finally notices the pair in front of the rings, her eyes narrowing as she takes in their grungy (swag) clothing. The woman- looking to be in her mid thirties- frowns deeper and deeper the longer she stares. B feels the woman's eyes burning holes in the back of her head, turning around nervously only yo find the creepy attendant staring. B nearly jumps in fright when the terrifying woman narrows her angry eyes. The tiny girl quickly ducks her head and hides behind Yoongi's larger, sturdier form.

      Yoongi, being the un-botherable rock he is, doesn't notice the attendant's glare. But he does notice when Byeol hides behind him with a terrified expression on her face. And he isn't happy about it.

      Who dares to scare my Byeol-ah?

      Yoongi whips his head around, honing his own terrifyingly murderous gaze on the cause of his sister's panic. To her own credit, the attendant doesn't shy away from the Min's fiery glare; somehow she manages to glare right back at him. But her stubborn gaze just adds more wood to Yoongi's raging forest fire.