Chapter Ten

Connors pov

I hang up the phone and jump out of my car. An ambulance is on it's way as i didn't know how hurt he actually is.

As i run I start to call Hunter and soon enough he picks up. "Hey dude whats-" i cut him off before he can start rambling. "OWEN, FOREST, FELL, HURT, HELP" i hear my phone beep, showing he hung up.

I swear to got he better hurry up.

I eventually reach owen and feel my heart break at the view. I check the small boy for any serious obvious injuries. His arm looks swolen and his head seems to be bleading but apart from that there is a few small cuts but thats it. I  go to shake his shoulder but then stop myself, realising his back may be injured.

"Owen? Owen? Can you hear me?" There is no response.

I panic and start to pack all his things back into his bag. "IS HE OK?" I look over at Hunter and frown. "I don't know, i called an ambulance since his back may be hurt." He nods and sits next to him, slowly rubbing his hair.

"I really care about him Connor." I smile slightly. "I know, you just have to show him once he wakes up." He nods slightly, not taking his eyes of the small boy.

Now all we can do is wait.

~~~

Hunters pov

Its been about 4 hours.

What if he dies. I know you think I'm overreacting but its been on the news before. I cant stand to see him looking like this. Iv been sat in the corner of the waiting room with Connor next to me all this time. We have called his mom, Ally and my mom who are on their way.

What if he doesn't want to see me once he wakes up, what if he no longer likes me? Ugh.

"Hunty?" Im quickly snapped out of my thoughts by maya. My mom comes in with owen's mom right next to her and Nathan. "Hows owy?" I send the small girl who seems to have cried a bit a hug. "He's ok, just sleeping" everyone creates small talk with each other while i just stare at my hands.

This is all my fault.

                                    ~~~

Around another hour has passed and i see a doctor walk towards us. "Hi are you mr Owen Kelly's family?" We all stand up to the doctors words nodding.

"Owen seems to be ok. He's lucky, many people that fall out of a tree end up paralysed or worse. He seems to have mainly bruised his shoulder blade and a broken left arm, he has also had to have 9 stitches around his head, that's what took so long, along with the x-rays on his back. One of you can go visit but no more until he wakes up. We don't want to distress or shock him with too many visitors. Hes resting in room B340. Thank you for your patience." We thank him and i go to sit back down.

A/N: SORRY another one of these but when i say B340 what do you think off? Just looking for one answer in particular lmao.

"Hunter you can go sit with him" i look up from and frown at owens mother. "are you sure Sophia?" She nods and chuckles. "He'd want to see you more than me." i thank her and make my way towards his room.

God why am i so nervous? I slowly push his room door open and smile once i see him.

The small boy is resting peacefully. I take a seat next to his bed and thats when the wave of guilt hits me. This is my fault. If i didnt just leave him there after our kiss then he wouldn't have gone to the lake.

I sit back and sigh. "God i bet you hate me"

"I don't hate you, you dork" my head snaps up at the sound of a small croaky voice. I see his loving blue eyes stare at me and he smiles."Who you calling a dork, princess" he laughs but holds his head. "Fuck, i feel like i was hit by multiple trains"  i chuckle.

"Im sorry...". He smiles softly. "It wasn't your fault. It was the dumb birds fault" he giggles at his own words. "Ok i just woke up and I'm hungry, can you also pass me the remote i wanna watch star wars." i laugh. Well he seems ok.

After a couple of minutes i tell the doctor he's awake.

"Hey.. doctor said we can come in! How are you" Sophia whispers. "Mommmm I'm hungryyy" she sends him a confused look but laughs.

"Ok well my son isn't broken, I brought you a chicken, bacon and mayo sandwich" he smiles and takes it happily. I look at my phone and think for a moment before standing up "Ill be right back" he nods.

"Hey Connor can i borrow your car?" He gives me a confused look but nods. "Be back in ten"

I quickly run to the car and begin to drive her home. As i get inside my house i pause. Will he really want the muffins i made? I mean they are looking a bit uhh... weird. Maybe i should also buy some on the way.

~~~

Owens pov

Everyone is sitting around me talking and looking at me. "Whatttt" they all smile. Woah this is creepy. "Im not dying! The doctor said i can literally leave later! Im fine!" Everyone laughs and goes back to what they was doing.

Suddenly the doors fly open and a small girl runs in. "OWY!" She runs over to the side of my bed. "Sorry, we went to her dentist appointment and when i got back you was all gone." I smile at melissa, hunters mom. I see the small girl stare at me and i giggle. Shes so small and cute. She kisses me on the cheek. "Owy when you get better can we have another tea party?" I smile. "Of course!"

she giggles and plays with my hair while we snuggle. After about an hour the small girl starts to get tired and her mom picks her up.

"We are gonna set off, shes been awake all day. I hope you're ok owen! Get well soon" i smile and nod the woman. "Thanks melissa, bye maya!" The small tired girl waves and leaves.

"Pass me your arm" i look at connor in confusion and pass it to him. He writes CONNOR in bold letters across my cast causing me to laugh at the dear evan hansen reference.

I continue to watch the small tv until the door swings open. I see a sweaty looking hunter standing there trying to catch his breath. "You ok?" i giggle. He smiles holding up a finger showing he needs a minute to breathe. "Fine- got- muffins- here-" he passes me a paper bag filled with different muffins. I smile widely and giggle.

"we're gonna leave you to rest" i nod and smile at Ally and connor as they are the only others left.

"Thank you SO much! I really wanted muffins." he chuckles and sits down on a chair. "Half of them i got from Tesco and the other half i uhhh made. Yeah they don't look good so i don't blame you if you push them aside and throw them away." I giggle and shake my head.

"They look really good." I take a small bite and smile. "And taste amazingly!" he grins and sighs.

"I just ran around the whole stupid building cos i forgot where this room was" i laugh.

"There is signs for a reason Matthews" he shoots me a playful glare and closes his eyes. "Ima just, take a small nap" i nod and continue watching my show.

I smile gently as i see the nice nurse walk in.

"Owennn he needs to leave" i frown. "Please let him stay! His ride home just left and hes too tired to walk!" She sighs and goes to leave. "I was never here Kelly, you and him can both leave tomorrow. Sleep well cutie." I giggle and nod.

I look over to hunter who is already asleep. He mumbles a few words and then says. "Night princess" i giggle. "Night muffin" and with that i close my eyes.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Word count: 1423

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3