Chapter Thirty One

Owens pov

Im currently sat outside on a bench under the tree in my front yard watching the snow fall. Hunter is making a snow angle since he's bored and im laughing

He stands up and shakes his body to get the remaining snow of of him causing me to giggle.

I turn to the end of the street when we see a black car pull up at hunters house. I dont know what type or car it is since i dont care about cars, but i can tell its worth more than me.

"OWY" i pick up maya as runs over. She wraps her small legs around my waist and nuzzles her head in to my neck.

"hello to you too maya" i laugh at hunter. I see melissa climb out the car with a man in a suite. I give hunter a confused look. He smiles but a flash of fear covers his face as he walks over with me and maya trailing behind.

"hey dad." Ohhh thats hunters dad. It sounds stupid but i forgot he had one. He rarely talks about him! He said he forgets he exists too and describes their relationship as more of him being a distant uncle.

Hunter shakes the mans hand. As i place Maya down i feel her grab my hand tight and stand as close as she can.

I study the mans face. He is tanned and tall with a strict yet emotionless expression.

Im soon snapped out my thoughts by Melissa. "Hey owen sweetie! How are you, Nathen and your mother? i will have to catch up with her later" i laugh and return her hug.

Melissa and my mom are inseparable. A week away from each other to them is like a life time. "We're great! And i bet she would love that" i smile but notice Maya still hasn't let go of my hand.

"Whatever happens next hunny, just know we love you and we're doing it to protect you" i smile in confusion but nod. I glance at maya who is fidgeting with met dress, which is strange since she is such a confident girl.

I then look at hunter whose eyes are filled with fear. What's happening. "Hello there, I'm Marcus Collins" i shake his hand. When hunter was born he took his mothers last name since his father wasn't at the birth.

"Hello mr collins, im Owen kelly" i see emotions flick through his eyes before they turn back to their gloomy mysterious ones.

"Maya always talks about you" i smile. Thats nice to hear. "Iv heard you're hunters best friend" i nod. "Thats right sir" he smiles and starts to walk inside. "Come in for a drink son!"

I follow everyone in to the Matthews house and sit in the living room. This house is usually filled with happy vibes but for some reason you couldn't cut the tension with a knife.

What is going on? The second his dad leaves to the kitchen, Hunter takes a seat next to me.

"Ok baby listen. Anything that is said today means nothing ok? Non of us agree with anything he says and we all adore you, ok?" i nod in confusion.

I turn to maya who is sat on the other side of me and play with her hand. "So how was new york Maya bear?" She giggles. "Great! I got you a gift! " I smile as she hands me a new york postcard. I collect them so this is amazing.

"Thank you so much! Im glad you enjoyed it!" She giggles. I look over to mr collins who is now sat on the chair. I would call him marcus but in all honestly, Im too scared.

I see him glance over the news paper in his hands. At the front was a gay pride photo. "Ugh  fucking fags! I dont get why people are gay! It ruins the world. God hates gays for a reason."

I joke on the air causing me to cough loudly. "You ok som?" I smile and stick my thumb up. "Fine, just breathed in wrong." He nods and goes back to reading. Well, that just happened.

I see Melissa walks back in and sends me an apologetic look. I smile softly at her to try eas her nerves.

"Well hunny some people are like that" he nods and puts the paper down. "So son! Iv heard you have a girlfriend, i forgot what she was called but apparently you have your pheonix scar"

Hunter nods and pulls up his sleave. At that exact time im pulling mine closer to my hand. Oh please god no. Suddenly a cold liquid is spilt on my shoulder. Maya couldn't have picked a worse time to be clumsy.

"Oh my lord! Owen sweety im sorry!" I smile and nod. "Its fine, ill just go home and changel" she nods but im interupted before i can leave.

"Nonsense boy! Take your jumper off!" I nervously nod. I give hunter a scared look but his eyes are emotionless. "So, Hunter, tell me about this girl." He bites his lip.

"Well, s-she's beautiful, kind, caring, hilarious and just the best person ever." I turn to maya and grin widely.

"Whats got you smiling son? Got a girl of your own?" I look over and nod slowly. "Haha, yeah, she's amazing." He grins. "I'm glad my son has such a decent best friend, wouldn't want him hanging around the wrong crowd ya know." I let out a small laugh.

"Oh, don't worry hunny theres no crime around here, hunters very safe." He smirks. "Not that kind of wrong." He points to the front cover and she makes an o shape.

He walks past her into the kitchen to go get a drink and i'm immediately bombarded with concerned looks. I shake my head and smile.

"What is this?" Mr collins swiftly walks back into the living room with hunters phone. Oh no, his lock screen. "What kind of sick joke is this?" I feel my whole body freeze as i see what he's holding.

Oh no, this wont end well.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

If you guys ever want to talk, just comment or dm, and i will definitely reply! I love talking to you guys! If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask!

Anyways thanks for reading!

I hope you like the plotline so far and i hope it hasnt been too boring!

If i forget to update just spam my comments or dms and I will eventually do it!!!

Check out my other books: a kiss under the stars, the eyes of the devil, Alive amongst the dead and forever!

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1168

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3