Chapter Forty Five

Owens pov

Today is our last ever Lakevill high football game. Even though we won the state cup, we still play football with teams from town to town.

Usually for games i dont get nervous... ok i do but today is different. Its a year since my dad passed away and i guess i just want to make him proud.

"Hello? Earth to owen" i snap out of my thoughts at allys sudden noise. I look at her and smile. "He would be proud and yes i can read your mind" i raise my eyebrows and climb out the car.

Can- can she really read my mind? I mean magical scars appear on our wrists with random people meaning it wouldn't be impossible for other magical things to happen and-

She suddenly runs up behind me and grabs my hand, snapping me out of thought. Swinging it back and fourth. Last night we had our monthly sleepover and it was great. Her grandma who she lives with made her famous casserole and it was amazing!

She also painted my nails black which I haven't done in a while. Yeah, i paint my nails. I do it because I'm insecure of my nails. You can't blame me! I grew up biting my nails and people would often point it out.

I wave goodbye to ally and walk into the changing rooms thinking that im the only person, until i hear the best noise ever. From our school showers comes the screeching cat noise known as Nathan's voice.

Don't get me wrong he can sing real good when he wants to but wow in the shower its like he wants to hurt my ears.

"Owen you forgot your water and bag- what the fuck is that" i giggle at ally. "Nathan" she smirks.

"NATHAN SAMANTHA KELLY SHUT THE FUCK UP" i burst into hysterics at how loud she shouts. When ally used to stay over at my house while her parents where getting divorced she and my mum would always scream at Nathan for singing while me and my dad just stood back and laughed.

The water turns off and out walks a soggy Nathan in his shorts. "You shower in cloths?" He chuckles. "I don't want to be caught showering naked, especially at how many homosexual boys are on the team, no offence Owen."

I pull a face. "They have standards Nathan." He glares at me and walks off to get dry.

I hug ally and with that I'm left sat there, thinking.

"whats up lil bro" i smirk as Nathan, now fully clothed sits next to me. "I miss him" he rests his soggy hair on mine as he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Me too but we both know he's having a blast up there with uncle Ben and Jim Henson" i giggle and smile. "Really, today people are gonna come up to us, apologise and give us so many flowers that mom will make a flower shop with Melissa"

I smile knowing its true. "Cmon pip-squeak, wanna go run" i smile at the old name and nod.

Im so happy i have Nathan.

                                     ~~~

Connors pov

I sit down next to ally and smile as we both watch the two siblings. They are currently chasing each other since Owen tripped Nathan into mud.

"They are like puppy's, its hard to look away in a less creepy sounding way." i chuckle at her cuteness. I wrap her into a hug and smile. "Babe how was Owen this morning" she shrugs her shoulders.

"Quiet. We all knew this day was going to come and it was going to hit us hard. We was all close with Mr Kelly and when he went... i don't know its like he took a bit of all of us with him."

I nod and kiss her head. "I know His mom and Nathan are strong but I'm not sure how Owen will take it. He's been through a whole fucking lot this year and today can go two very different ways"