Chapter Fifty One

Owens pov

I smile as my Nova tells another story about Grandpa, whose currently working at the ice skating rink. I call her Nova because it apparently means 'Young' in Galician, it was her idea.

"So where is my beautiful grandsons boyfriend?" I look down at my hands.

Tension fills the room before my mom coughs awkwardly. "Umm mom hes bu-" i cut her off.

"We broke up. We aren't together anymore, sorry Nova, i know you liked him." She sighs and grabs my hand.

"Lets go for a drive?" I nod gently and grab his- my hoodie before leaving.

I get in the car and she places a hand on my knee. "Oh Owen." I look at her and my lip trembles.

I sob and press my palms against my eyes. She places her hand on my arm and strokes it gently. I continue to howl like a baby as I finally let my pain out.

"He- he- he just got up and left Nova. He wrote a letter about how it was all fake love and how he hates me." She chuckles and sighs.

"No he doesn't hate you. He loves you, we all know it, its just nobody wants to mention it. They all are second guessing but i know. The way that boy looks at you shows nothing but love. Can i see your phoenix scar?" I roll up my sleeve to show her.

She sighs at the other scars surrounding it. she gently kisses my hand and smiles. "Its not faded, Owen, Iv grown up being a nurce. Iv seen people die, causing couples to be broken apart. That is one way that leads to phoenix scars fading. Phoenix scars only take up to 5 weeks to start fading. How long has he been gone?"

I think. "Two months? 8 weeks?" She smiles widely.

"He loves owen, i dont know when or if he will return any time soon, but I promise he loves you, and fate will bring you both together."

I look out of the window at the rain and rest my head on the glass. I doubt it. My life has been filled with ups and downs, but the ups always end in a down. I just didnt want this down to happen.

                                    ~~~

Owens pov

"Goodnight sweetie, Ally will be in after shes done with her shower ." I nod and kiss her goodnight.

"Are you ok?"

I smile and nod before she closes the door.

Am i ok?

Its been two months and im... iv been better. Im not going to college at the moment, im taking an online course since the college i got into offered it to me. I cant bring myself to stay in that dorm or even go to them classes.

It was all supposed to happen with him...

I look in the mirror to see myself in a green knitted sweater and some short shorts. I pull at the baggy sweater and frown. I look down and pinch my skin. Im still too fat.

I start to mess around my hair. My once fluffy hair is now a mess.

It feels like i'm a shell of what i used to be, as if when he left he took my soul with him.

Am i too childish? Am i that annoying? Why couldn't he just break up with me in person? It would have hurt so much less...

A lot of people at the moment keep asking me am I ok and i never know what to say. I cant tell if they are just asking to be polite or not, and if they really want to know, how do i explain when i dont even know myself.

I know Nathan, Ally, Connor, Melissa and my mom want me to open up more but i cant. I cant bring myself to tell them that im so pathetically heartbroken over a boy that i dont have motivation to wake up in the morning, that all i can think about is him, that im so down and depressed that i dont want to be alive.

Its too hard...

God owen! Get over it! Its been a billion years since you last saw him! Why cant i just get over him.

Because hes my first love? my soul mate? Because hes my best friend? I guess thats why.

But it all doesn't add up. Why would he buy me the bracelet with our phoenix scar on and wish we never had it? And that letter, it feels so blocky, as if he is holding back.

Maybe that was him putting it nicely...

He talked about my biggest insecurities and my dad, what did i do for him to use them things against me.

And why would he do this? What did he get out of it? Was he trying to test his sexuality? Could he not have just hooked up with someone? And why me, I'm not exactly attractive.

And how did he fake the phoenix scars? Is that even possible?

Wait a second. I go to grab my old leather notebook from my bottom draw. It's filled with information of things that interest me such as mystical creatures and phoenix scars.

I flick to the right page and begin reading.

'A phoenix scar is like a tattoo, but different. Its impossible to be removed by anyone except fate. Its impossible to fake as it is clearly not a tattoo or anything formed by humanity. If the two soulmates fail to show similar amounts of care for each other, the scar will fade. Humans who share a strong amount of emotions for each other, but dont get their phoenix scar, are not soulmates. If a human does not ever receive their phoenix scar, it means either their soulmate has passed away, they never found them or they are a lost soul. No matter how far apart phoenix soulmates are separated, if that love is held strong, the scar will stay in tact.'

So... there is a chance he still loves me?

I guess i have to just rely on fate.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Oooo woww i had s good idea but im shit at writing so i mean try imagine my writing isnt bad lmfao.

Yeah this was shit and very fucking rushed but i wrote it all and its now 3am and for once I'm about to fall asleep. Lmao whoops forgot to press post. Its to early to edit it so good luck reading

So I'm sorry.

Word count: 1127

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3