Chapter Fifty Six

Owens pov

I feel my legs go faster and faster. My whole body shaking. It wasn't him right?

It couldn't have been him.

I reach the lake and look around but he is nowhere to be seen. So it wasn't him...

It feel my chest become heavy and tears begin to form in my eyes.

"HUNTER" i feel my chest tighten. He isn't here. I continue to walk. I feel hot tears stream down my face.

The only sound is a gentle breeze and me quietly crying. "Hunter..." my voice is barely hearable.

I reach the end of the path and wipe my eyes.

I knew it was too good to be true.

I look up at the sky that has yellows and orange colours filling it. I'm alone.

Being alone scares me.

I just want him here with me.

"OWEN" my head shoots around at the loud noise.

I stand up and run back to the path to see him facing me. I freeze when i see him.

Hunter Matthews.

We stare at each other, both not moving at all. As if time has frozen. He slowly opens his arms which is when i start to cry harder.

I sprint towards him faster than i ever have ran before. Its like its in slow motion. I feel myself leap forward.

The fear of falling and all this being a vision is overwhelming but i have to try.

To my surprise his warm, muscular arms wrap around my body and hold me. I rest my head on his shoulder, dizzy from running so fast but that doesn't stop me from crying.

I sound like a little kid who has cut knee thinking they are going to die, my loud sob probably can be hear for miles, but i don't care. It's like all the sadness, anger and fear i've been building up are being let out.

My mind goes fuzzy and all i can hear is me basically screaming into hunters shoulder.

Our arms gripping each other tightly as if we would fall if we let go.

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH." He squeezes me tighter. "I missed you too Owen." I feek my whole body shaking.

His scent of lavender soon becomes familiar and his body heat is comforting. I pull away slowly, still not letting go of his shoulders and look at him.

I place my hand on his cheek and smile.
"You're real" he nods and hugs me again.

I continue to sob but also try to talk. "I missed you... so much" he pulls back and wipes my face. "I missed you more than you could ever know" i pull away from him and take a step back.

"Where did you go, and why didn't you come back?" My voice breaks as i try to breath.

"I can explain" i nod slowly showing im willing to listen. We both walk and sit under the tree with the carving. I lean my head on his sholder and grip tightly to his arm, not wanting him to disappear.

"My father forced me to go to a military camp. He threatened me saying if i didn't go, he would hurt you and my family. I knew he was capable of doing it, so i went. I didn't write those letters and had nothing to do with them. when i got there i had a roommate called Alex and we soon found out she was my cousin. I got sent the same letters you got so i could see what you read. That broke me. Iv barely slept in months. One of the officers there basically abused us all the time. When he got fired, alex told her dad, the nice man who owns the place, and they arrested my father. I managed to come home early because Livi was visiting Alex because they are close friends and i guess Im here now."