Chapter Fifty

⚠️ I GOTTA WARN YOU!! Mental health and Self harm is part of this chapter. I know about it and deal with it so please dont think im romanticising it!⚠️

               Two and a half weeks later

Nathans pov

I wheeze as i continue to jog around school with Ally, Connor, Livi and Megan. We all soon reach the canteen and all come to a quick stop.

We all place our heads on the wall and slowly peak over to see where he is. Megan taps me and points and soon we spot him. Nobody has talked to Owen since that day because he wont leave his room.

This morning he avoided everyone like we was poison and now we have finally found him. Today is our first day of summer school, and honestly i didn't expect him to go, but i guess he needed time away from home.

"Nathan you, Connor and ally go first, we will join in about 5 minutes so we dont overwhelm him." we nod and casually stroll over. Both Connor and ally sitting at his sides so he cant move and me sitting in front of him.

He hasn't noticed our presence and if he has he isn't moving.

I hear a sniffle and he moves his sleeve. The next sight breaks my heart. His sleeve is soaking wet showing he's been crying. I grab his hand as i feel my body shake a bit.

After a moment he clings to my hand and its cold. Very cold. Like he has no body heat left.

Me and Connor swap seats and i pull my small brother into a hug. Just like that day he clings to me and cried.

I know what your thinking 'Owen its been two and a half weeks since Hunter left get over it' but lets be real. Owen is fragile. He would cry if you glared at him and no this is not me calling him weak or a cry baby, I'm saying this boy has been hurt so many times this year he's sensitive.

How would you feel if within two years your dad passes away, you fall from a tree, you get abused by your step dad, your boyfriend gets shot, you get bullied, some freakshow of a boy harrases you, your boyfriend tells you he doesn't love you and leaves with no explanation AND within all of that your mentality is everywhere, you hate yourself and struggle with severe mental health issues.

So no i don't blame the kid, actually i look up to him for not breaking down earlier!

"Hey Owen? Where is Hunter, i wanted to see if he got any science notes i could borrow." i glare a Rebecca, one of Jennas friends.

"Fuck off." The she smirks at Connor. I hear a small sigh and Owen gets up. I go to follow him but Ally shakes her head and follows him.

Rebecca watches him and groans. "The dumbass cant even handle a break up. He's been gone for a while now! He needs to up" this pisses me off.

"HEY" with that the whole canteen goes silent. I stand on a chair and chuckle. God this is cool. Not the situation just how fucking tall and badass i am.

"IF I HEAR ANYONE TALKING SHIT ABOUT OWEN IM GONNA SMASH YOUR FACES INTO A WALL! DON'T FUCKING TALK TO HIM UNLESS YOU GOT SOMETHING KIND TO SAY ABOUT HIM! GOT THAT?" Everyone stays silent.

Mumbles fill the room. 'Wheres hunter?', 'whats up with Owen?', 'is hunter available now?', 'awe poor Owen' this pisses everyone on my table off.

I go to say something else but livi pulls me down and hugs me. I grip onto her and feel my whole body shake. "I don't want him to hurt anymore... i'm so worried. What if he doesn't make it through this." He pats my pack as i sit down. Now its just us, Connor and Megan.