Chapter Thirty Seven

Connors pov

And now we wait.

In a waiting room full of silent, teary people. Ally laying in my arms. Maya cuddling her mother for comfort. Nathan resting on his mother. Everyone confused how to feel.

The two lights of the room, have gone out. And now we wait. Wait to hear if one is out of one of the worst mental breakdowns you can imagine, and if the other is alive.

Its been 12 hours, some went home to sleep, many came back. Maya brought owen muffins and her brother a stuffed animal.

Honestly, this has been the longest 12 hours of my life. And to top it of my parents wont be returning from their trip. My parents are buisness owners and work for the military and go on many trips leaving me alone. Its fine though, ally lives next door.

Shes the best thing that ever happened to me.

"Owen kelly and hunter mathews group?" We all stand up wanting to know more.

"Wow! Haha they are extremely popular, well we have good news. Hunter was rushed into intensive care and had surgery straight away, meaning his life was saved. He's on high meds but will come around soon, it missed a huge nerve so he was extremely lucky"

Tension leaves the room and we all sigh, releaved the news isnt the worst outcome. "Owen kelly is being spoken to right now. He was having a dangerously strong panick attack, causing him to almost stop breathing. Luckily our mental health team have managed to pull him around. Hes moveing more but not talking yet. We are gonna let the two be alone for half an hour to see if hunter can make him speak but we will let you all know as soon as you can talk to them, thankyou for being patient"

We all thank the doctor. New tears shed from everyone, tears of happiness. They're safe, and thats all that matters.

~~~

Owens pov

I stare at the pale boy that lays infront of me. I could have lost him today. It would have been my fault. I couldn't have forgiven myself. It was supposed to be me who got shot, not him.

The kind nurces have better things to do than try to make an annoying child like me talk. God i mess everything up! My first real relationship and i fuck it up! Everyone hates me.

He probably doesn't want to be with me anymore, i can't blame him. It's my fault i went.

I hide my face between my knees and sob. if he dies, i wont be able to live with myself. "Im so sorry" is the only words that leave my mouth.

I then hear a croak. My head shoots towards my half awake boyfriend. I jump up pressing the red button calling for a nurce.

"Oh! Mr mathews your awake! Your medicine must be wearing off, we will ask you both a few questions in a moment but for now drink some water and take that pill." She hands him a small tray then leaves.

I slowly look over to Hunter and feel my lip begin to tremble again. I did this, i almost killed Hunter.

"Dont cry baby, it makes me sad" i look up at the croaky voiced boy and stare at him. "Are you ok?" i look away and nod. I cant show pain.

"How can you ask if im ok? Hunter you- you got shot b-because of me." He sighs and rubs my hand.

"Idiot, you cant blame everything on yourself princess. You didn't physically shoot me. It wasn't your fault. I love you and we're both alive, thats all that matters." I nod and squeeze his hand.

I go to speak but realise he probably doesn't need to hear me cry about my own feelings right now. I spend the next hour playing with his fingers while he talks to me about anything and everything.

"Ok boys, can we ask you both some questions. We also need to inform you that you, Connor Myers, Nathen kelly, Jordan simmons and Sophia Kelly will have to join us in court. Any questions?"

I shake my head. "Ok lets begin. Hunter, Did Henry aim to shoot you or Owen?" My eyes widen. Straight to the point i see.

"I believe he went to shoot owen, thats why i stood infront. Heh I guess you could say i would take a bullet for him" i blush and hide my face.

"Owen, henry abused you for almost a year and blamed you for your Fathers death, is this correct" i nod slowly.

"Hunter, henry had gotten a student from your school to attack owen, you attacked them. Am I correct?" He nods. Wait, hunter Attacked josh?

"Yes, but that student had been bullying owen for most of high school now, almost killing him once. I do agree my actions were stupid but were for good reasons." the police officer nods while smiling.

"Last question for today boys. Owen, do you have any idea why henry would do this?" I freeze. Fuck. I try to speak but words wont leave my mouth.

I feel my hand get lifted. "Owen you need to talk so they can protect you. Can you do that for me" i nod slowly at hunter.

And without thinking the words "Because im gay" leaves my mouth. The officers nod. "I'm sorry about all of this boys, it's been a rough ride, and sorry for asking questions as soon as you woke up, but this needs to be dealt with immediately." We nod and watch them leave.

Silence fills the room as i twiddle my thumbs.

"Stop" i look up in confusion to a sad looking hunter. "I know you owen kelly, i know you're blaming yourself. You think all of this is your fault. You think you deserve to be in my position. You think everyone hates you. Y-you think you should be dead. That nobody will miss you" i feel tears begin to fall down my face and I look down in shame knowing all that he said is true.

"Its not true you know" he sits up.

"It wasnt your fault, you don't deserve anything, nobody hates you, and you should certainly fucking not be dead owen"

Hes now squeezing my hand, tears in his eyes. "I-if you wasnt here. I wouldn't be me. I would have gone back to my old self. I would miss you more than anyone, and thats saying a lot because you and me both know maya would be destroyed. So listen here, me and you are gonna stay together forever ok? No matter what we go through. You're my world owen, i cant imagen life without you"

I feel the tears slip from my eyes as i lean my head on his. "I love you" i smile. "I love you too" and with that we kiss. Its soft and caring. I could never get tired of his soft lips.

He pulls away and smiles. "Now I already know you haven't talked to anyone for the last 13 hours and they have tried to make you speak. So if i hold your hand while you do, will you talk to the nice ladies" i slowly nod while i lean against his chest.

A new feeling fills my body. Love. I feel safe, like i belong. Warm. The rest of the night goes like that. Me and hunter answering questions, talking to our family and friends and just being together.

I love this boy, for now and forever.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thank you for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Word count: 1313

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3