Chapter Nineteen

Hunters pov

Last few points. Two minutes left. I run as fast as i can to mid field and hear my name. "HUNTER" i turn to sky and catch the ball. Ok hunter you got this. I run but get blocked by two guys. "OLI" i throw it and cheer when he catches the ball.

One minute. I glance to see Owen with the ball. Two guys try block him but he goes through there legs. He throws the ball to me and i run. Just before i reach the line i see a boy from the other team called James run towards me. I throw the ball to Owen and see him run.

Before i can see anything else something comes crashing into the side of my body and i go flying across the pitch. I hear cheers and then it all goes black.

What the fuck just happened?

                                        ~~~

Owens pov

I catch the ball. 30 seconds left. "OWEN GO FOR IT" i nod to Nathan and run to the line. I jump and duck throughout tackles and make it to the line. I jump across and throw the ball on the floor and cheers fill my ears. The horn goes.

"LAKEVILL WOLVES HAVE WON THE STATE CUP!" I get bombarded with players until Nathan grabs me out the crowd. Phew i hate crowd's. I look around for my handsome boyfriend to see a horrific sight.

I run past pushing people out the way. Iv never ran so fast. as i reach him i yell his name. He doesn't move. His pale limp body lying there. He's hit his head on the post. His eyes are closed. I grab his hand with my shaking ones. Soon there is a crowd around me and i hear coach shouting stuff but i don't listen to it. I lift his helmet of to see a blood stain against the cracked plastic.

My tears fall swiftly as I'm pulled back and held in a tight grasp. I see hunter lifted into a stretcher and took away with a bunch of paramedics. I don't move, just cling to Nathan.

I cant lose him! What if it caused permanent damage! What if he doesn't remember me? What if he's- i shake my head.

Soon i get out of his arms and run as fast as i can towards the ambulance. I look around to see a few taxis parked. I run over to one and ask them to take me to the hospital. The guy nods but before he sets off coach, Connor and Nathan climb in.

Im squashed in the middle. I feel my lip tremble. "He's going to be ok Owen, don't worry." I nod, but that doesn't shake the fear i have.

When we arrive at the hospital we all rush inside, i sprint inside to the front desk and I try to talk but the lady just gives me a confused look. "Hunny are you ok?" I shake my head.

"Hunter mathews?" I look at coach whose face has a frown. She types a few things on her computer and nods. "take a seat, he's in theatre for emergency care, a doctor will be out shortly" .We all nod and i sit on the pillowed chair.

I begin to quickly move my fingers, trying to shake my nerves. You may think I'm over reacting but i love him. And i never got to tell him that.

I can't live without him. We've only been together for a short amount of time but it feels like years and I'll never get to tell him how much i fully care about him. How i l-

"Hunter Mathews?" I jump up and stare at the tall doctor.

"He's ok, he's got no serious damage just concussion and whiplash. He has 9 stitches in his head and some bruises. He's still asleep so only one visitor for now. He's in room 18" he smiles and walks away.

"Go on Owen" i glance to see them all look at me. "You're his first guest" i smile and grab the sleeves of my jumper with my hands and mess with them. The sounds of beeping machines and the smell of old people fill the corridor. I see a small blue plack saying room 18.

I slowly push against the brown door and feel more tears fall when i see him. I grab the chair next to him and pull it closer. I grab his hand and hold it in my freezing cold ones. He doesn't move. I place our hands to my forehead sob quietly.

"I guess this is how you felt when i was in your position huh?" I hear a soft chuckle.

"This is just my revenge kelly" i shoot my head up to have my eyes met with his beautiful blue ones. I smile and try to talk but my words come out all slurry.

He chuckles and reaches over to play with my hair. I lean softly against his hand and frown. "You're being dramatic." I feel my lip tremble. "I'm sorry, i just thought you might have died!" He laughs and ruffles my hair and i begin to cry again

"Don't cry baby" i go bright red at the name. He's never called me that before, i like it though...

He gently wipes his thumb over my tear stained cheek. "I was so scared hunter, I thought you was gone" he smiles and kisses my hand. "did we win?" i nod and smile.

"Then we're going to Disney, where this pretty princesses belongs" i giggle and brush my tears away. I rest my head on the chair feeling a huge headache coming on. "Hi" i look to the door to see Nathan, Connor and coach come in.

"Thank you for dealing with his dramatic ass" i smack hunters arm softly making everyone laugh. I am embarrassed but i did it out of good reason. "Iv booked the disney tickets for Wednesday. I would have done tomorrow but gotta let everyone rest up".

I squeel and smile. Hunter stares at me like im crazy and chuckles. Im so exited. "So who made the winning touch down?" I feel my whole body slouch. I regret that. Now people are gonna make a fuss over me. This always happens when someone wins the cup.

"Owen" hunter smiles widely and ruffles my hair. "Well done nerd" i glare in his direction. "Just because i have glasses and actually care about my grades does not hunter L mathews make me a nerd" his eyes widen.

"Yeah thats right Melissa told me your middle name" he groans but smiles. This has been a ok ending to a long day.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Word count: 1163

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3