Chapter 2

Days passed by in a monotonous routine , It was Tuesday when I last met dad now its weekend. Whole week I was quite disturbed. My day starts with a worried frown and ended with studying late nights. I wasn't a loner in the university its just that I surrounded myself with a selective few and by few I meant two. Sara and Abby were my best friends here. I constantly kept myself occupied with studies and general hangouts we plan. My weekends never went vibrating, we never use to hang out in pubs that would probably be the last place you can expect me to be. Sara, Abby and I were alike we hated crowds so we keep our hangouts restricted to public parks, vintage coffee shops and movie dates on work days. Most of all we worked out statistics problems or read a book.. In rare cases we did are usual girly stuff which includes gossiping and gushing about boys. Sara's elder brother was one hot piece of cake and Abby and I did the dirty talk while she did her best to ignore us.

Whenever I had free time I always make it a point to call Ray and Elisa they really are my family. I met them in high school and since then we became inseparable. I and Ray dated in freshman year and honestly it was everything. He was everything that I wanted but I never felt that spark with him. It was safe and I craved for passion. I always knew there was a special someone for me and I wanted him to be my first in everything so I was quite insecure about sharing my first kiss and that's it, that was the last straw for Ray and he made fuss about it. Our break up was pretty nasty but we realised we needed each other like friends and here we are today. We often make a joke ot two about how immature we were. We don't definitely harbor any ill feelings for each other. Since then I really am scared about dating so I try and put all of my concentration in studying to make my parents proud.

I didn't reveal a syllable about the current crisis to my friends. They were constantly asking me about my sour mood but I choose to keep my mouth shut firstly because it was something personal to me and my dad. I tried my best to keep it confidential and my constant moody state made Sara and Abby sick. Today was Saturday and we decided to hang out at our usual place, Victoria cafe. I tried not to stare at my wrist watch which was hell bent on reaching the stroke 8:30 it was four twenty now and I felt myself growing increasingly bothered about tonight. Dad did assure me that Cece, Edward's wife and Summer will be there but the thought of meeting the ultimate man himself made my nerves weak. I still found it hard to come in terms with that and moreover I haven't decided my dress, I can't take Sara or Abby's suggestions either. I was a complete wreck.

"Give a break to your poor nails Nevaeh, you realise that chocolate truffle here is much better than that" she points out my fingers with her fork and shakes her head. I realise that I was merciless eating my finger nails. I instantly remove my hand

"You are lost in deep thoughts these days, you realise that we are here for you right?" Abby places her palm on my wrist reaching her eyes to mine. Her black eyes reflected my image in them. I look at Sara and see her busily reading The Seattle Times. She is such a nerd.

"You really can share it with us Nevaeh" Sara comments not removing her eye from the paper. Abby was looking at me with concern but I just can't share it with them not unless dad was comfortable with it. Moreover both of them will freak out if I reveal that I am meeting The Terence Rodriguez tonight.

"I think... I'm over working myself. Its all right its just the stress"

"Honey we will top our university very soon and you certainly should have no doubts" Abby says. I smile in return. We three loved studying and we absolutely loved the way professors adored us, we were their stars and we took it very seriously.

"oh my god" Abby and I look at Sara who was clutching the newspaper, her eyes were drilling holes in the paper

"Mr. Rodriguez is in the city" I grow cold. His name alone was enough to sent chills down my spine. I look at her with wide eyes.