Chapter 23

The location of my wedding was a fancy looking place, it was modern five rated reputed resort in the busy city of Seattle. Summer had been contacting Mr.Rodriguez for the past month, she has been taking care of other things which concerned looking into bridal dresses, booking places. Other wedding related works. Terence had millions and he happily spent his every penny.

I remember vaguely Summer saying it to me that today's wedding is extremely private and only the VIP's had an invite and mostly they were the well known names in the business industry. Once reaching the lobby I find Mr.Parker standing there, waiting for me. He is going to lead me down the aisle and I was thankful of that fact. He is an extremely important person in my dad's life and I couldn't be happier.

"You look ethereal child. Beautiful.." he takes my fingers and kisses them in appreciation. I blush listening to his compliment. His almost bald head  was shinning under the light and I couldn't help but give sir a smile. I looked okay I guess

"Now come..come it's time" I take a deep breath and lace my arm with sir's. the music starts playing and I started growing nervous, that's it..I won't have an escape now, it's real , it's happening. I'm getting married. I'll be a married women. In front of the world. I will legally be a wife. And just then the door opens and I immediately bow my head down, one will take it as a shy gesture but I was trying to hide my shame,hold on to my sanity. I could feel the piercing stares of some hundred eyes, they bore through my flesh making me grow extremely conscious. I feel my curled tendrils blow away by the cool breeze.There was complete silence now except for the melodious violin tunes. The wedding was taking place in the open area of the resort. One could see the vast stretch of the beautiful forest. Tall green trees, perfectly blossomed flowers, the chirping birds..the instantaneous flap of their wings...the view was breathing taking. And then, I felt his stare. I felt him look at me, I felt his gaze, burning gaze on me, cut through me. Tears welled up in my eyes, this has to be the most longest walk I had to endure. I will walk away a from this place as his. His bride. His wife.

We reach the small podium, a wooden stage sort. And Mr.Parker slowly let goes of my hand and places it in a big refined ones.

My flesh touched his and a chill so deep ran down my spine. He held my trembling fingers in his hands. I ached everywhere. The heat of his body kissed mine. I looked down and black polished shoes met my sight. I'm going to wed an alpha of the business industry . I will bear his name. The merry cheer started and so did our wedding proceedings. And soon enough it was time we utterd our vows, promise each other a lifetime commitment, a lifetime of marital bliss. I look at our intertwined hands and sigh is utter sadness. This is not how I'm imagined my marriage to be like. I pull my face into a blank stitched expression when I hear the
wise words of the priest.

"We all have gathered here to witness the holy matrimony of these two souls, if your intended I Here with ask you to declare your consent.

Every one were anticipating the next words and I felt extremely bothered by the whole attention that we were receiving as a couple. I try my best not to faint when I hear his strong authoritative voice dominate every atom of the tensed atmosphere. I felt wobbly in my knees hearing him fluidly say it.Those words.

"Do you Terence Ezra Rodriguez take Nevaeh Belle Craig to be your wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her in good times and bad? In sickness and in health?To love and honour her for the rest of your life?" My heart started pounding inside my chest, my hands trickled down with sweat while I stared perspiring behind the veil.

"I do."

No

Please take it back...
Please...

His acceptance pierced my heart. We both are liars, we are lying...we are deceiving everyone here. Deceiving the spirit of this union. I never wanted to lie at the altar and now, now I have to declare that I will love and cherish an atrocious man like him. I'm paying for my deeds, this is the worst punishment. These promises, their importance, their worth is being mocked, and for someone like me who always believed in the marriages...it stung like hell.