Chapter 27

It's been a week since I joined 'Koniglich' and things were great. I was content doing my work and I made some really good friends. My days were always happening because of the eccentric staff, sometimes they can get on my  nerves but regardless I cherished them. Brett is a complete  flirt while the other silent guy whose name was Ted hardly talked to me. He was shy.

I grew close to Olivia, while Ava constantly guided me whenever I had a problem. She was the one who was looking after the finance of the company, while Ted and one of twin Destiny helped maintaining day-to-day accounts.

My work involved Financial Analysis, weekly review of the money spent and earned. Since I am pursing an economics degree, sometimes I did cost benefit analysis and growth trend study rates. The Boutique from  what I heard from the staff was a popular one. There weren't customers flooding every second of the day, but those who come spend huge amounts. It was balanced that way. Edla Mam was an extremely hardworking woman, I observed everything about her for the past one week. The way her eyes crinkled whenever she got a new idea. The way she paired her branded blouses and skirts. She loved mismatching colours but she makes sure to make trendy, beautiful pieces with those. The other day she designed a dark, forbidding violet blouse and paired it with dark green flared bottom. The blouse showed a subtle cleavage making it anywhere-anytime look. The staff were going gaga over it. I was too.

I generally come to work after 2 in the noon and spend some good three to four hours. Edla Mam despite being a sweetheart was a little stern when it comes to business. She was indulgent and attentive. She listened to our opinions, thoughts.

Sometimes I did sales too. I understood a lot about fashion and developed a keen sense of observation. I could now understand customer's fashion preferences just my looking at them.

Sara and Abby visited dad and checked on mom regularly. They both worked part time, unlike me they independently paid their tuition fees. Sara loved libraries while Abby worked as a nanny.

I sigh when I look at Olivia trying to stitch few patterns for Edla mam's  new winter collection.

"Did you see Ted? I have some work with him" she asks.

"He probably must be with Destiny, they are maintaining records at the moment"

"Okay come sit." We sit in Mrs.Williamson  cabin, it was just five in the evening. I was done with my shift but I didn't want to leave just yet. There is absolutely nothing I'll do anyways. Netflix had been my only saviour so far.

"Edla Mam has got an invite to attend the Paris Fashion week, it's an yearly ritual. The boutique will be closed for around two weeks then"

"When is it?"

"What? The Fashion week? Probably in a month or two" she looks at her stitched fabric and dusts the extra threads off it.

"She is quite popular among the elite isn't she?" I start playing with my hair.

"Yes. But she isn't corrupt by their standards.She knows they are sharks, and she generally is all prepared for the attack"

"Does she even have family? I have never heard about them."

"She is a widow and she has no kids, but she has a nephew. She adores him with every breath she takes"
I raise my eyebrows at her. She takes a deep breath and answers

"Ever heard about Adam Alfonsi" a gasp escapes me. I give her a nervous no.

"How can you not know about him? Such a powerful business personality and not to forget a good friend of that Terence Rodriguez" I start perspiring, I don't look at her my gaze was casted down.