Chapter 45

3861 words

******************

I made my way back with a heavy heart. My hands clutched on the tray of food. My breaths were labourer. I felt terrible for Terrence. The need to comfort him, the need to hug him was too much.  Why am I doing this? Why am I dragging myself into his personal problems..why! But he needs someone..

It's just the look on his face. That broken, bruised look. It struck some chord in me. Something about this situation made me weak. Made me think differently about Terrence. For the first time, I let my judgements and conclusions evaporate. I went with the accordance of my heart.

I entered his room to find the darkness ink the place. I switched on few lights. The hard pelting of rain dominated the night making the weather turn silent and eerie. Intimate and dangerous. I tuck my tendrils behind my ear and look for Terrence. There was no sound coming from the washroom and I immediately went inside to check if he was alright.

My eyes fell on a tall, authoritative figure dominating the luxurious essence of the bathroom. He was resting in a bathtub like a statue. No sound. Stationed. He closed his eyes. The sharpness his  nose cut the air. He looked so sinful. So bad. So dark.

I silently make my way towards him who lay in the bathtub absolutely motion less. The footsteps of my heel echoed in the silent atmosphere.

"Hey.." I silently utter. His toned, structured  body  was immersed in the water. He didn't even remove his clothes. I check the temperature and immediately shrink realising how chilling it was.

"Are you mad Terrence! It's raining outside and you can't even turn on the warm water. You will catch a fever!" I shake my heard and immediately unplug the drain Letting the water seep down. Once the tub is drained of any wetness I turn the tap on and warm steamy water started filling in.

I stood there looking at his resting form without a word. He needs to take a bath.. He wasn't even opening his eyes. I sit on the step closer to his tub, silently observing him.

He wasn't asleep, no. He was silently observing everything with his eyes shut. He was conscious and deeply alert. He concentrated on the drumming of my heart. The warmth of my body, the distance that we shared. The displacement he had. The the frostiness of his sunken torso. The growing need of his male blooded body. The capacity of my soft limbs. Softness of my tender breasts..Everything. I was scared to move an inch. This sudden sensuality we shared was making me fear him.

Fear him..differently. Fear him achingly. Fear his strength..and fear my weakness. Fear his capacity..and fear my vulnerability. Fear his domination..fear my submission.

"Terrence." I whisper. Softly. Hesitantly.

No reply.

I move a little closer to him, looking at his enlarged, clarified form. I swallow hard and take a deep breath. The steam surrounded both of us in a hazy state. He stood still. So very still. I move my face closer to his and hesitantly touch the soft, silk hair. I take a deep breath and slowly run my hands through them.

"Hey..come on. You need to take a warm bath Terrence."

He lazily opened his eyes. Dizzy, seductive..drunken grey pools and stared at me with an intense need. I didn't know what to say.

"I.." and without me realising I lean forward and peck his lips. I immediately turn red and avert my eyes. I didn't know why I did that. I felt responsible for him. Somehow.

"I will wait out, undress yourself—

"—bathe me Nevaeh" his husky, rough voice made my knees weak. I took a deep breath and tried to run and he instantly caught my wrist. My skin tingled and a flame inside me was lit.