Chapter 3

He looked impeccably polished.

He was so sinfully beautiful that I had my eyes popping out of my sockets. He was tall and bulky, his chiseled chest hid behind his immaculate dressing of a crisp white shirt paired with a grey suit. Stubble decorated his sharp jaw which accented like steel. His pulled lips were pulled into a straight line while his straight nose complimented his perfectly dipped chin. His one hand casually rested in his pocket while his eyes particularly found my father's , his gaze didn't waver, he didn't even spare a glance at any one of us, his aura was dangerous, It really felt frightening. His suit color matched his eyes making them look inhumane.

"Mr. Whitlock" He stated, his voice was crushed and sharp. It had a unique authority to it. My father quickly collected himself and stood up and with him all of us. I don't know why we all were so alert suddenly but this man reeked authority. He was calm, so very calm and cool that it seemed eerie. His eyes were opaque, they just were blank and emotionless. He seemed to stare and my father trying to suck him up with his heated stare. They were like lasers. Everything about him was intense. I gulp seeing him, he was really tough.

"Mr. Rodriguez, please sir have a seat" My father clasped him hands and gestured him to take a seat on the divan. He didn't move, he just stared at my father, I was sweating, he stared at my father in his aloof style but the way his eyes rested on my father spoke volumes. In that second he solely concentrated on my father. This is what I was scared of..association and with that came the thought of being part of his life, something none in this entire universe desired.

He undid the first button of his suit and quietly rested down. He sat with his legs crossed in a casual way, the posture screamed masculinity. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I send a thankful prayer when I find myself sitting little far from him. My dad borrowed a chair and seated himself by his side. Edward, Summer and my father surrounded him while Cece and I quietly faded into the background. I wanted to be with my dad. One wrong word from his mouth can cost us our dear lives. I look around and notice people in black suits with microphones attached to their ears surrounded the entire place. There were at least four bouncers who were checking the staff while few just stood like statues, I was sure they weren't even breathing.

My eyes made their way back to the quiet table where we had his almighty presence. I pour a glass of water from a silver jug which so naturally rested on the table while I looked at Summer who was trying her best to collect herself. She grabs a tissue and starts wiping it to her palms. She was nervous. Edward openly gawked at him, envy and respect clouded his features. Mr. Rodriguez had his left eyebrow raised and looked at all of us with a unfiltered intensity, it was just a flicker of emotion that passed him and then nothing, his faced looked impassive and stoic.

"We are so glad you are here, we all really feel blessed" Is dad seriously saying that, he hates flattering someone. I keep my fingers locked together and rest my eyes on my dad. Everyone's attention was precisely on my father, especially his. The weight of his stare was too suffocating, too intense and I would have given my father a Salute for withstanding the situation without crumbling. Dad produces  two thick documents from a black suitcase and places it on the table, exactly in front of him. He still didn't shift his eyes, he just was staring. Just staring.

My father looked at him in the eye and quickly averted his gaze. His eyes then rested on Edward urging him to speak something, Mr. Rodriguez's stare was getting my father all worked up. His eyes were enough to shoot people dead I wonder what he is capable of if he actually uses his other human parts. My father quickly looks around the table and a smile decorates his face,

"This is Edward our chief executive officer, Cece his wife--he then points me and proudly speaks,

" --this is my daughter Nevaeh Craig --"I try not to show my pain, It should have been Whitlock." --and this is Summer my secretary "