Chapter 10

"It's like, in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together"

•••••••••

I tried to conceal my dark circles with light make up, I gently applied a nude shade to my lips keeping it very minimum. After crying my guts out and trying to muffle my loud sobs I was extremely tired and depressed now. I was famished and I needed to eat something. I decide to talk to dad once I'm done with my food, it will give me time to process things and later understand them. After setting my hair I was all ready to head out. I stuff all the used tissues into the trash can and grab my purse and head out. The bathroom was so immaculately maintained and the smell...it smell so good. I almost drowned into the smell and slept on the seat. Unlike the usual restroom in flights this one was a little big and more regal and refined. It was supposed to used by the best and not an ounce of compromise was seen. This is truly luxury. The money invested in these interiors will probably help develop a country. I head out of he closed confinement of the bathroom entrance and step out. I look around and notice people waiting. Waiting for me? Oh no..we had to board and I spent a good twenty minutes crying. I tried my best to hide my swollen eyes but if you look deeper you will see the swell anyways. Steve was the first one to notice my presence, his posture became alert and he stared at me with absolute disinterest.

rude

I notice others who tried to hide their feelings but I could make out the slight irritation in them. I delayed the take off.Oh my god!that completely flew out of my brain. I was thankful that Steve didn't interrupt my self pitying session that would have been quite embarrassing. I awkwardly cough and glance at Steve who was near the pilots cabin probably making it clear that we need to head ASAP. Other men, seven of them start leaving the cabin. They didn't sit in the seats weren't the allowed? I don't care it's his money and authority. I look around and search for Stella she is the only one who I can trust myself with now, I cannot afford to look at these men anymore they remind me so much of him, that VIP of a beast

I don't find her and decide to sit on the seat, I opt for the window one. I set my handbag  beside me and fasten up my seat belt. I sigh and look around to find people all ready for departure and within no time I hear the pilot announcing  on the plane taking off. I grip the gold beneath me..oh my god gold beneath me and hold on to it as the plane starts moving on the runway, it slowly starts catching speed and in no time I find myself being lifted up in the air, I close my eyes. Relax it's okay..In not time we were flying high up. I find Stella towards the entrance of a neatly kept cabin at the centre and find her busy communicating something with Steve. I sigh.

I look down to find green trees filled the land scapes and find it fascinating as we go up in the air. Distance..I'm leaving everything behind. I need to do this I can't see their disappointed faces especially dad who god knows why is sending me to that devil. Once we are fully settled I find Steve walking into a closed cabin adjacent to the pilot one and locking it behind him. I grab my purse and take out my backup, my battery was dead and I needed to know things. I fix the plug and place them on the seat beside me and find Stella approaching me with a dazzling smile plastered on her face. I wave at her and notice that she was coming with a tray filled with mouth watering delicacies. Odour was luring me in and making my stomach groan painfully.

"Here you go, enjoy your meal madam" Her voice had an angelic rhythm to it and I was yearning for some company now. It will help me keep things off my mind.

"Stella" she turns around, her hands clasped together in a graceful way. I look down at my meal and then meet her eyes

"Would you mind giving me company" I hesitantly ask her, not trying to reveal how desperately I wanted to have a tad bit of normalcy. She gently nods her head and sits in the seat opposite to mine. I look down and notice a tray filled continental dishes. I immediately attack pizza not caring of the fact that I needed to maintain some decorum especially when I have company