Chapter 40

I didn't know what to do. I stand there unable to collect my feelings. He looked so powerful. So sinful. My hands immediately find my hand bag and I throw a cardigan on. All the while I could feel his eyes watching me and Gabriel staring at both of us with keen observation.

"Good afternoon Terrence." I whisper silently, trying to keep my voice low and Casual. He nods his head and the blonde lady walks away smiling at us.

I take a step forward and walk inside the grand glass cabinet. The first thing I see is the vast city. Tall skyscrapers and mesmerising weather. A whole wall was glass partitioned, making the city look absolutely breath taking. The transparent glass was impeccably clean making the view a luxury for sore eyes. I look at Terrence and he  sets his whiskey down  and  eyes  both of us through his fingers. He gets up, clasping his suit buttons. I stand there unable to form a single rational thought when he in two long strides stands in front of me.

without a second thought , he plasters his full lips on mine, I notice how evil he looked when he takes my lips in full force. Pure dominance reeked out of his masculine style. I close my eyes and I feel his lips brutally move against mine. He doesn't waste a second which leaves me panting for breaths. He just kissed. Like he waited for this. Like he dreamed of it.

I huff a deep breath when he finally leaves me, half way, unable to form a single rational thought. I look up and his dark grey eyes observe my features with utter concentration. I give him a small smile and he looks at me like I'm a complete enchantment.
I hear someone cough and I immediately looked behind and see Gabriel who looked so shattered that he was close to crying. My heart clutched with an unknown guilt. I move away from Terrence whose arms snaked my waist.

"Terrence this is Gabriel my colleague."

Gabriel mutters a good morning which Terrence doesn't bother to acknowledge.

I hear someone closing the wooden door and look at Adam's tall stature at the door looking at Mr.Rodriguez and me with a smirk.

"Morning Mrs.Rodriguez. Fancy to see you here."

"Adam." Terrence glares at him and then look at Gabriel urging him to take a seat. He holds my wrist and drags me to a leather couch. He walks to his desk and orders us something I couldn't even pronounce

I look around nervously unable to fathom the idea that I was in a close company with two most powerful men.

"State your business" he cruelly  glares at Gabriel and I suddenly feel sorry for him. Having Terrence Rodriguez pure, unfiltered gaze set on you..it's murderous.

"We have orders from Elda mam, Sir's aunt  to present the annual report to Mr.Alfonsi." Terrence didn't bother looking away from his laptop screen. Adam stood by my side, causally resting his one hand in his left pocket.

"She did. And you have twenty minutes to wrap it up."

"I.." I look at Gabriel who looked quiet overwhelmed. The room reeked authority.

"Im assigned to brief..."

I trail away finding no words. Adam's brown eyes stare into mine stripping me bare. His blonde hair encompassed his handsome face into a dirty smirk. His signature one.

"Go ahead Mrs.Rodriguez. I'm all ears."

I look at Gabriel who tried giving me a feeble smile. In the tense atmosphere I was incapable of uttering a single word. Shaking my head, I glance at Terrence who didn't bother looking up. It's better to get done with this.