Chapter 39

The foam of bubbles tickled my skin and the strong smell of roses encompassed the intimate atmosphere. The sultry light of few scented candles decorated the bathroom with a strange heavenliness. I scrub my Shapley legs and arms. My skin tingled pink because of the force. I pay no heed to the pain and continue to scrub my body with all my strength. I close my eyes and huff a deep breath. The clogged bubbles and foam tickled my skin.

It's been two days since that wretched night and our disastrous confrontation. Two nights, a lot has changed in these two nights. In these two nights, I was back to Berlin. In these two nights I lost my loving family, I was disowned by my very own father..he loathed my decisions. He loathed my husband. It lead to a dramatic Argument which made my father really upset about how complicated circumstances turned out to be.

He didn't know about Summer, he didn't know under what circumstances I signed my life away. All his wretched heart whispers is, that I'm married and to a monster at that. I can't blame him, his worst nightmare had come true. He feels so defeated and failed. He feels useless lying there unable to do anything.
I cannot be angry at my dad. I cannot demand him to understand my perspective especially when he doesn't know what Summer has done. What the circumstances made us do. Or rather, forced me to do.
Tears well up in my eyes and I gaze at the ceiling. My eyes take in the sophisticated set up. The impeccably gratifying sense off elegance surrounded me. Jasmine and rich red roses were aligned on the subtle layer of the bath tub. The shower to the corner was completely glass partitioned and reeked of royalty with a touch of golden borders. The steaming hot water pelted down like an enchantment. I grab a robe and enclose myself in the comfort of luxurious linen. I quickly walk towards the shower and drench myself in the hot water. It was euphoria. Water caressed my aching temples and slowly slipped into my dark roots. I close my eyes and an image of Terrence looking at me hungrily flashes in front of my eyes and I immediately hold the wall to support my trembling legs.

Terence. My husband. My enemy. My caretaker. The only man, I hold such strong feelings for. Such complex feelings for. True to his words, he didn't touch me, he didn't force me. He didn't sexually target me..instead he professed his honesty, he shared his plans for us. He shared his work problems and vowed to show me around. Vowed to woo me.

And he did.

For the past two days he has been a complete gentleman. He treated me with outmost care and concern. Decorated the very path I walked on. Paid my dad's hospital bill with consent, took care of my mother's leave. Now that dad's discharged, mom is willing to take care of him and the happiness I felt seeing them bond again..I just cannot describe it in words. They together, as parents and as partners started again. All this time, Terrence was by my side. Taking a break from work, he focused on trying to talk to dad, passing few courteous compliments to mom and gazing respectfully at me. All in all, Terrence didn't fail to leave a leaf unturned.

He was behaving too perfect, he was acting so delicately. So unlike him. So different. And that's what made me extremely suspicious. Terrence didn't give me a chance to point something out..point one flaw..yet he forgot something very crucial.

Something, that revealed what he actually was. His eyes. He failed to cover his spicing glint, he failed to make those hideous eyes soft. He failed to polish the edges of his gaze. He failed to notice me noticing him. He thinks I bought his act, he failed to notice how I see his fist clench and unclench when I talk back. He failed to to see that I observed him from the corner of my eyes, every time, how weirdly he stares at me..as if..as if he can't wait to destroy me. Can't wait to break me. Can't wait to rule me. And within a moment he makes them look at me with adoration. In a split.He failed to notice how I make out the different shades of grey that shadow his eyes. Eyes that fail to hide. Eyes that are too powerful to be questioned.