Chapter 24

Excuse the grammatical errors

          ••••••••••••••••

I was too tired to open my eyes, I was busy trying to conjure a dream. My every body part ached. My muscles felt sore while the heel of my feet literally tortured the hell out of me. It's been two hours since the after party of my wedding and I felt exhausted. Summer is staying at the same resort with us tonight, which is a relief but the next big question is how am I going to share a room with Mr.Rodriguez! I will be under the scrutiny of his poisonous stare all day, all night long. I will have him around me 24/7. I pull my comforter closer to my chest and try to cocoon myself in the safety of the white rug. I'm in our room. I'm officially enduring my wedding night and fearing his arrival is all I have been fretting for the last thirty minutes. Summer did say that he wouldn't try anything with me, but regardless I have to be prepared. I kept a spare knife underneath my pillow and few butcher knives in the draw of the side table. Just in case. Try seducing me now sir.

This isn't how I pictured my wedding night to be like. I wanted to lose my virginity on my wedding night, it was my fantasy to give it only  to my husband and look where it has got me. I got Terence Rodriguez as my husband and losing my virginity to him is the last thing on my mind.

I start perspiring when I hear the sound of the door. I held my breath when it was unlocked and the slight push of the wooden barrier had me clutching my comforter in utter fear. The rhythmic sound of his strong shoes echoed in silence and I shut my eyes. I craved for sleep, I wanted to be anywhere other than here. I wanted someone to whisk me away from him. Far away from him. I hear him set something on the granite table, his phone probably. I try to calm my breathing, I didn't want to make any sound which might alert him. I feared him. Being alone with him, being alone with him as his wife, being alone with him when he had every right..is dangerous. It's catastrophic.

I could hear him take his black tux off, I could hear his breath. I could smell his sensual cologne. I could hear my heart pound. I could feel my nerves growing cold.

I felt the electric buzz. The unavoidable tension in the air. It hung heavily, it was Suffocating. And then, I felt him edging closer, closer to me. Closer to my vulnerable form.

His massive form stood mighty and tall near the edge of the bed. His huge stature casted a shadow on my sleeping figure. The dim lights of the lamp gave the night a sumptuous feel.
He bends a little low and I am sure he is playing with me now. He is amused by me.us.

"May I have a word, Mrs.Rodriguez." His voice was extremely husky now. It was dipped...it's was decorated. I shut my eyes , no I can't let him know that I'm awake, I refuse to let him know that. But all my senses blow away when the soft tips of the his dangerous fingers subtly touches my arm. I felt an electric, almost static energy pass between us. In reflex my eyes fly open and I look at him from the corner of my eyes. He doesn't stop touching me and I immediately sit straight up. I move away from him towards the head of the bed. While I take in his muscled chest hiding behind a crisp white shirt. The outline of his hard packs made me gulp in pure fear.

"Please call me Nevaeh" I whisper in a filtered voice. One could understand the underlying tension  in my words.

"I think we haven't had an actual talk." He sits comfortably towards the edge of the bed and I tuck my legs. I push my lose strands behind my ear and timidly give him a no.

"I'm sure there are things you have heard about me Nevaeh, things which I will not lie about" I grow appalled, he is openly agreeing all his deeds. He is openly warning about the sort of man he is.