F. 3

I oftentimes contemplate over the meaning of the moon. Why does it shine at night if everything is dark anyway? Why would it want to brighten the world who's fallen asleep already? For who does it shine?...

I rip the paper out of my notebook and tear it in pieces. How am I supposed to write an entire essay about nature seen by artists as long as anything comes to my mind sounds cringe and dumb?

I gather all my belongings from my desk, wanting to leave this classroom as soon as possible. When I enter the hallway, I see a lot of people gathering in a circle around something. I hear loud voices and... a faint cry? What's going on?

I speed up my steps in order to see what's happening in the middle of the crowd. I can see the figure of a boy who was standing in front of a girl... Hands crossed over his chest, having an awful spoiled kid aura. However, the girl lies down on the floor, crying hard... She looks familiar to me, though...

Danbi?

"I told you to stop following me around, bitch!" the boy says and I frown. How could he speak to her like that?

I see Danbi sobbing harder and I want to punch that guy in his face. Wait... why do I feel like I've seen him somewhere...

"Jaehyun, leave her alone..." I hear a voice from the crowd saying.

Jaehyun.

He brought me flowers last year... Some orange petunias, I never liked those. And I never liked him either... He's always given me enough reasons to hate him.

I wake up from my daydream when I realize Jaehyun pulls Danbi by her beautiful blonde hair. I never truly stood her, she's too innocent and shy, but that does not mean that this jerk has the right to treat her like this.

I make my way through the crowd and get a hold of his right arm.

"Let go of her." I say as calmly as possible.

I stare into his eyes and he stares into mine. Right after that, a horrible smirk expands on his face.

"Well well well, what do we have here... Another bitch?" he says.

I hold back my desire to slap him. Instead, I say:

"You know, I don't like to repeat myself, let go of her."

"Or what?" he says.

I was aware of the fact that all eyes were on me right now. Well, on us. But I was used with this feeling, so used that I couldn't give a damn anymore. Dating one of the hottest boys in school usually includes such things. In plus, most people were seeing me as a heartless bitch. Rumors were everywhere, but nobody besides me knew the whole truth.

I was so thankful to JungKook for caring about me no matter what. He was one of the few people that could see a little bit deeper than the appearances and I guess, that was enough for me to let him in.

"Or you'll be punched by a girl. Do you want that to happen? Do you want your pride to be buried just like that?"

Jaehyun laughs. Son of a bitch, I tell myself.

"You're not able to keep your hands on a single man, let alone beating me up." he says confidently.

I hear some gasps around me and my grip on his arm loosens as I was taken aback from his words.

"What do you mean?" I ask trying to be cold.

"Well, does your boyfriend know that you're fucking the whole school behind his back?"

The gasps are louder these time. I feel my eyes stinging a bit and I blink a couple of times. I avoid my look from his and I try to resist. He's talking crap.

If only they knew the truth behind the appearances, if only they truly knew me. If only...

But that's how you truly are, don't you think?

"Well that would be sad because you didn't get the chance." I snap back.

Some people around me chuckled, some whispering "oh, burn him down". My act is good, maybe too good. This was I can even convince myself that I really am this way. That I truly am fine. I am not, though. I never am.

"I wouldn't waste my time on such a cheap..."

"I reckon that's because you're busy paying girls to screw you... You know they would never do it for free."

"What a whore you are." he says frowning.

"Am I? Just because I don't fall for jerks like you that doesn't mean that I'm like your plushie dolls, boy."

He finally lets go of Danbi and his hand fastly flies to my face. I try to step back, but his grip was too strong.

You deserve it anyway.

"Don't you dare touch her."

The slap didn't come. I slowly open my eyes and I see JungKook holding his arm, looking at him with a death glare. Oh, how I love him in moments like this.

"So prince charming finally came." Jaehyun says. "What a honor, Jeon Jungkook!"

"Not mutual." JungKook says. "Let go of Yuna, Jaehyun. I bet you don't want the principal to find out what you actually do when you're giving girls particular trigonometry lessons, do you?"

I see Jaehyun annoyed by JungKook's words and after a couple of seconds, he lets go of me.

"Take your dirty bitch away from me. I've already spent too much time on her anyway."

In a matter of seconds, Jungkook slams him to the wall, holding him by his collar.

"You better keep your freaking hands off her, then."

He shots him another death glare and lets him go. Jaehyun stumbles as he almost falls to the ground. Jungkook takes my hand and pulls me after him through the crowd.

I almost fall.

Stupid girl, aren't you?

He doesn't say a word to me. His grip was firm on my arm, so firm that it almost hurt. I don't dare to say a word because I hardly ever get to see JungKook this way... This dark side of him... It's terrifying.

I hear people mumbling stuff behind us. But I don't turn around. I can't. I keep following JungKook.

He saved me. He stood up for me, fighting with the guy for my sake. Do I deserve it?

You know you don't.

However, even though this fight was officially over, little did we know that the business with Jaehyun was far from being done...