F. 38

I watch JungKook as he tries to catch his breath and I lead him to my room. He wearily sits on my bed and lets himself fall on the mess of sheets. He closes his eyes, panting and I have no idea what to do.

"JungKook..." I whisper.

He sighs and I see his Apple of Adam moving.

"I am sorry." He whispers and the next thing I know is that I'm hugging him, tears streaming down my face.

Why the hell are you crying?

Pull yourself together!

It's not like you're the victim in this situation!

So pathetic...

He pats my back and by the way his chest is moving, I know he's sobbing too. Which just makes me cry harder.

I lift myself on my elbows and get closer to him, despite the fact that it's hard to watch him being this broken and vulnerable. My face is right above his and my body over his, legs parted on the side of his body. It might be a way too intimate position. But at this point, we can't care about our bodies. We simply need our souls.

"Don't say that..." I whisper, but my voice comes out cracked due to the tears.

"Yuna..."

"Is this all of it? Is this why you've been acting so weird lately?" I ask.

He looks at me and nods.

"And your mom? Doesn't she know?"

"S-she doesn't." He struggles to speak. "She's not home."

But little does he know I know his mother never leaves the house without her phone.

And that her phone was on the coffee table in the living room.

But I brush it off, realising it isn't too important now.

"JungKookie..." I whisper and close my eyes.

I hear him shifting under me and I suddenly feel his warm lips pressing gently against mine. Not a passionate kiss, nor a desparate one, just a peck.

One that hurts me so much I might cry again.

"JungKook, you're such a wonderful boy." I whisper. "And your parents love you so, so much. It's just that... they don't realize you're almost an adult now and you can make your own decisions."

I open my eyes to look at him.

"But you are strong, very strong and I believe in you, JungKook. I am right by your side, no matter what you'd do, okay? I'm never leaving."

He looks at me with swollen eyes but warm gaze.

"Yuna, I love you so much." Is the last thing he says before he eventually passes out.

***

When JungKook wakes up 4 hours later, the tea I've prepared for him is already cold. In the meantime I've cleaned his bruise and bandaged it, hoping it's nothing serious. Even though he slept a bit too much.

"Hey." I mutter as he opens his eyes and looks at me, remembering what has happened just a few hours ago.

I sit beside him, running my fingers through his dark hair.

He tries to sit, but I slowly push him back, climbing in bed near him.

"Does it hurt?" I ask pointing at his head.