Thank you

This is my first completed English book. I think I can be proud of myself.

One thing that I really want you all to know about is that Buy me flowers wasn't meant to be this serious, it wasn't meant to talk about mental health the way it has. It was meant to be a short aesthetic story.

However, I couldn't stop myself, I wanted to develop the characters and the bonds between them more and more. I wanted this story to have that kind of effect on readers. I wanted to have you all in tears, I wanted you all to be hurt, only to bring a smile on your lips a few seconds later. So the conclusion would be I'll never be able to write a short aesthetic story, at least not with my writing style (and I'm lowkey sad).

But Buy me flowers has represented my life (literally) for a year now and see it finally coming to an end breaks my heart. I should be happy. I am. But I'm also sad, because I still don't feel ready to let the book go out of my drafts, out in the whole wide world.

Even though people were barely reading this, I kept going. And not especially because I was hoping more readers will get to acknowledge Buy me flowers eventually, but because I felt the need to write this story for myself. And I think this is the secret of holding on in writing. You have to write for yourself, more than for anybody else.

However, I need to thank you. The readers who never stepped into the light or the ones who did, I'm endlessly thankful to you, because you took your time to read my words, the tiny pieces of my imagination. I can only hope you've seen parts of yourself in the characters (as a reader of my own story, there were multiple times I found myself in Yuna, but in Jimin as well) and that you've learned important things throughout the story line. I can only hope I made you cry and laugh as well. I can only hope that.

I'm really, really thankful.

I'm also thankful to BTS for making me discover this passion of mine for mental health, for writing about anything that surrounds me and for wanting to teach people to love themselves. My life would've been so different without Bangtan and I know I'll never be able to express in words how thankful I am to them.

I'm not going to stop at Buy me flowers.

Love Yourself series is coming soon. I feel the need to write more and more about things that I see less and less so I wish that you'd also be willed to step on this path alongside me.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Sincerely, Gabbie x