F. 40

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. The make-up Seulgi has put on my face looks untouched. Deep inside, I am shattered.

I don't know what happened. I don't know how Jimin could catch me if he wasn't even there, I don't know how I could talk to JungKook is I was alone in the crowd.

I am turning mad, aren't I?

So without letting Jimin speak too much, hopefully, the real Jimin, I ran to the bathroom. Because I wasn't sure whether that truly was Jaehyun or I was trapped in a nightmare again.

Maybe that was Jaehyun...

So what?

I take deep breathes with my eyes closed, I can do this. I can handle this on my own, I can prevent myself from falling into the trap-

"Yuna?" A voice calls from behind the door after a light knock at the door.

I fix my hair and take a deep breath, before opening the door and getting out of the bathroom. Lola was standing there, looking at me with a confused look.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asks.

"I am." I say. "I just needed a refresh."

"Did that stupid flower boy do anything wrong?" She asks and I look at her confused.

What is she-...

"Jimin." She explains. "Did he do anything wrong?"

I shake my head in disapproval.

"He didn't do anything wrong."

"Good, I'm trying not to commit murder tonight." She whispers, but enough loud for me to hear.

I laugh.

When we return at our table, I stop in my tracks. Taehyung seemed to have a lively conversation with none other than Jaehyun. Does he actually know this shitty human being?

Oh God...

"What's wrong?" Lola asks confused.

"I-..."

"Don't tell me it's nothing, I won't believe you. What's wrong with that dude? You don't seem to enjoy his presence here." Lola asks again, pointing to Jaehyun with her chin.

"It's nothing, he's just a person I really don't like."

"Then let's ignore-..."

"Yuna! Lola! Have you met Jaehyun?" Taehyung beams over the loud music as soon as he spots us.

I mentally face-palm myself and I throw Lola a desperate look to which she responds with a sigh.

Jaehyun looks a bit surprised when he sees me and I wish I could just run away from that party.

"He's Jaehyun, our neighbor from Daegu." Taehyung tells us.

Please don't.

"Jaehyun, she's Lola, Yoongi hyung's sister." Tae continues and Jaehyun bows to her. "And-..."

"I know Yuna, hyung." He smiles.

Unfortunately.

"Oh..." Taehyung says. "Okay then."

"Yuna, where have you-..."

Jimin stops in midsentence when he sees Jaehyun.

Oh no.

No no no no-

"Oh, hello, hyung-..." Jaehyun begins.

"Okay, I'll see you around!" I say pulling Jimin after me in the crowd, to the entrance, both of us walking in the large and cold hallway now, my heels echoing loudly.