F. 37

Because that's the least I can do, I find myself trying out different dresses two hours later. When Danbi found out I'm going to a party on Sunday, she made me promise to go shopping with her after classes, to look for the "most amazing dress this world has seen".

However, nothing seems to suit me. Dresses are "too long" or "too formal" or "too plain". So that's how, we eventually head to the last shop in the mall. Danbi insists that if we're not gonna find anything interesting here, we'll go to another shopping centre.

Absolutely fantastic.

She throws dresses on me, flooding me with pieces of clothing "I must try out" and at one point, I'm about to stumble in my own feet. Fortunately, I run into somebody who helps me regain my balance.

"Oh, I'm s-sorry..." I mutter gathering the dresses from the floor.

"Yuna?"

Wait.

I stop and look up.

"Oh, hello!" I say and give Seulgi a small smile.

She helps me gather the dresses from the floor and laughs.

"Wow, looks like you're really looking for that dress." She chuckles.

"Tell me about it." I sigh. "What are you doing here though?"

"Well, I wanted to visit my favourite dress store. I had lunch at the third floor after college today and I was getting ready to leave." She says.

"Look, unnie, I've found thes-..." Danbi comes into the section me and Seulgi were. "Oh, good afternoon!..."

I chuckle at Danbi's formality.

"Seulgi, this is Danbi, my school friend. Danbi, this is Seulgi, she's..."

I look at unnie trying to think about what she is to me.

The girlfriend of my brother's friend.

Too complicated.

"A friend." I finish and smile.

Danbi bows and Seulgi does the same.

"Nice to meet you!" Seulgi says. "Yuna, mah I assist at your cat walk? Of course, if you don't mind-..."

"Please do!" Danbi speaks.

Seulgi chuckles and I sigh exasperated.

"Help me, Lord..." I mutter and the girls laugh.

*

I think it's around the 18th dress when my apparition finally brings a nice feedback. Actually no, an amazing feedback.

"Woah, hold up." Seulgi says and looks at me from head to toe. "Girl, you look smoking hot!"

"Agreed!" Danbi adds with wide eyes.

The dress which stole their hearts, and to be honest, mine as well, was a crimson velvet plain dress, reaching my mid thigh and falling on my body in the perfect way to make me feel... sexy.

"This is the one." Seulgi smiles. "You have to buy this, Yuna, the guys will be drooling."

"I will happily buy this and end this hell of a shopping ride." I say and the girls chuckle.

I smile to myself. I realize it's like one of those American movies, where the girl squad goes to buy dresses for a party. I feel like I have friends. And as I take off my dress, I stare at my reflection in the mirror from the fitting room.

For a little while, I don't see my wounds. And it almost feels like they aren't even there.

***