F. 30

As soon as JungKook leaves after classes, telling me that he has to do some assignments for the next day, I realize that at some point, I will have to face my brother. But that's not going to happen now.

Therefore, I decide to delay my returning at home and do something really important: talking to Taehyung. One of the worst things in this situation is that I don't have his phone number, so I have no idea what he is doing now or where he is and if can meet him. I don't have Jimin's phone number either for some reason, so I can't ask him about his friend. The only place I know I would find Jimin is the practice room. But then, my brother might be there as well so this option is excluded. Now, the only choice I have is going to their apartment.

So that's exactly what I'm doing.

I remember the way to their flat from the day Jimin brought me back home. The block is not that far from the middle of the city so I don't have to walk that much. I run into a nice lady at the entrance of the building and I get it with no problem. I climb the stairs up to their floor and step towards the flat I was looking for. I inhale deeply and knock twice, waiting for somebody to open the door for me. It has to be Taehyung or Jimin. I hear footsteps on the inside and a sound of an unlocked door.

Then the door is opened.

By a person I wasn't expecting at all.

"Oh, hello!" Seulgi greets me with a sweet smile on her lips.

I stare at her for a few seconds, my mouth slightly agape, wondering if I've knocked at the right door. Of course you have, stupid! I mentally slap myself for being so dumb and I rush to return her smile. Even though mine is not so genuine.

"Hello!" I say, slightly bowing politely. "Uhm... I'm looking for Taehyung, is he home?"

"Not yet." Seulgi answers. "But he's gonna be back soon, so why don't you come in in the mean time?"

I shift uncomfortably from a foot to the other one, trying to find my words to decline politely.

"Well... I don't think it's a good idea, I can return tomorrow or something..."

"Oh, c'mon, you came all the way here! Have a cup of coffee with me!" She insists with a bright smile on her lips.

So bright that I can't even say no, even though I don't like coffee.

"Jimin is in the shower, he should be out soon though." She says as I get rid of my boots.

I stop for a few seconds, but luckily Seulgi left the hall so she can't see the impact her words have on me. She's talking so lightly. She's so natural and I hate that, because I can't dislike her.

I follow her to the living room and I shyly sit on the couch, waiting for her to return from wherever she'd be right now.

"Is coffee okay? Or do you prefer tea?" I hear her asking from a room and I assume she's in the kitchen.

"Tea, thank you." I answer.

In the silence of the living room, I can hear the sound of the shower from the bathroom and I suddenly feel so self-aware. Seulgi returns in the living room and gives me a sweet smile before sitting on a sofa across from me.

"So, how has your day been?" She asks in such a cheerful tone that I feel like life is screwing with me. "You're still in high school, right?"

"Ne, this is my last year." I answer. "My day has been alright so far, what about yours?"

She sighs exhaustedly, but still wearily smiling.

"Well, it's been a pretty tiring day at college, I'm glad it's over." She says and I nod.