F. 9

"We need to talk."

It isn't JungKook. I wish it was him. I wish he came after me even though I asked him not to. I wish it was like that.

It isn't Hoseok either. I wish he saw me. I wish he wondered what's wrong with me. I wish he was with me right now.

But it is none of them. Even though I truly wish it was.

"Answer me."

It was Jimin.

I turn around, trying my best to put on a firm facial expression. I cross my hands over my chest, trying to look bothered.

"You didn't ask anything, so how am I supposed to answer you?" I say.

He wasn't trying to catch his breath. He didn't run? Still, his silver blonde hair was dimp and his clothes were ruthlessly hanging on him.

Stop.

"Good point." He says. "Still, we need to talk."

He steps towards me and I can't help but slightly move backwards.

"What were you talking about the other day?"

What was I talking about the other day?

"What?" I ask, confused.

"When I called hyung and you answered instead." He explains.

"Oh." I say, remembering the conversation. "Then..."

He rolls his eyes annoyed.

"You asked me what he'd told me about the reason why he'd cancelled the practices." He explains. "Why did you ask me that?"

"Why are you asking me this now? It's not important anyways." I try to avoid the subject.

I tug to my left sleeve, playing with the material of my oversized hoodie, which was successfully covering my left arm.

"Then it should be easier for you to tell me."

Should I tell him that I was in hospital and Hobi has wasted time staying by my side the whole time?

Maybe I should.

But I won't.

"It's none of your business." I say.

"It actually is. We couldn't practice due to whatever reason you're not telling me. I need to know." He insists.

"Can't you just drop it?" I say annoyed. "You both did absolutely amazing on the stage, it's not like those days without practice affected you in anyway..."

"It was not good enough."

I'm taken aback by his harsh tone and I stare at him with a slightly shocked expression.

"I wasn't..." He says, not looking at me anymore. "I wasn't good enough, I could've done much better."

"Well, I think you were. Don't be so hard on yourself." I say a bit off.

"If I'm not hard on myself, I fail."

This sudden change in his aura makes me feel uneasy. I'm aware of the fact that I barely know him, but something about the way he says these things makes me understand that there's more to him than appearances.