F. 13

The voice that I heard didn't belong to Jimin. It was much deeper and manly. I slowly lift my head just to find a light-brown haired guy staring me with confused eyes.

Who the hell is he?

"Uhm... I'm Jung Yunhae. W-who are you?"

"Oh, you must be Hoseok hyung's sister, right?" he says suddenly smiling.

Oh wow, he's handsome!

What the fuck?

"Oh, y-yeah... How do you know my brother?" I stutter.

"Well, he is my friend's dance mate. We talked a few times."

I stare at him without saying anything. So is he Jimin's friend?

"Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself, sorry." He finally says. "I'm Kim Taehyung, Jimin's best friend. And apartment mate. I suppose you already know Jimin, right?"

Yeah well, I wouldn't be here unless I knew him...

"Yeah." I answer instead.

He steps forward the couch where I was sitting but stops with wide eyes when he sees my bandage. Crap.

"Oh yeah, this..." I begin.

"Oh my God! What happened to you?" he says, speeding up to reach me.

He kneels down near the couch, looking terrified at my arm.

"Don't worry, it's fine..." I say even though it's not.

"It doesn't look fine to me." He says worried. "What happened? Aish, where are those bandages?"

He sits up and begins to walk around the house before I'm even aware of it.

"Jimin went to buy some bandages." I say and he stops. "He couldn't find any."

"Oh."

Then, he sits on the sofa near the couch, contemplating over something unknown.

"Hey, Yunhae, uhm... Really... What happened to your arm?" he asks eventually.

I look at him debating over whether I should tell him or not.

"I had some deep cuts on my arm and today a jerk held my arm with a tight grip, so the wounds opened again." I say, ignoring the part where I actually did those cuts to myself.

"Oh who-... Wait, was it Jimin? I swear if-..."

"No, no! It was one guy from my school that hates me..." I say.

Would Jimin be capable of hurting me this way?

Do you trust him that much?

"Oh, I see... I'm sorry, I hope Jimin returns soon so you can get rid of that..."

"Yeah..." I say and the next second, the door from the entrance opens, Jimin entering the apartment.

Taehyung and I both look at him, who was now trying to get off his shoes as fast as he could, almost stumbling. He was holding a paper bag in which I supposed that were the bandages he bought for me.

He bought bandages for me.

"Have you found bandages?" Taehyung asks.

"Yeah." Jimin says, finally getting rid of his left shoe. "Wait, when did you get here?"

"A couple of minutes ago." Taehyung gives him a small smile.

"Whatever." Jimin says. "Yuna... I... you need to cut that bandage."

I look at him and I nod.

"Do you have any scissors?" I ask.

He scratches the back of his neck and looks around the room. Does he really not have scissors?

"Yeah, we do." Taehyung answers in his place.

Then, he disappears behind a door, leaving it slightly open so I could see that was a bedroom, most likely his bedroom. After a few seconds, he returns, having a pair of scissors in his hands. I try to sit up but both Jimin and Taehyung tell me to stay right here so I give up.

"Do you think you can do it by yourself?" Jimin asks me, pointing to the scissors.

"I can try." I say and Taehyung gives me the scissors.

Luckily, I'm right-handed so it wasn't too much of a problem for me to cut the old bandages by myself. I inhale deeply. I place the pair of scissors at the edge of the bandage, somewhere around my wrist.

You're pathetic.

You can't even see your own blood without passing out.

You can't do it.

I begin to cut.

But I don't cut the bandage.

I cut my skin.

It's an accident.

It's an accident.

It's an acci-...

"Yah! Are you crazy?"

The scissors are taken away from me, but my vision blurs out again as I see a tiny trace of blood flowing out if this new cut.

"Yuna!"

I feel hot tears gathering in my eyes and I was doing my best to hold them back.

Don't you have any shame? You're here in a stranger's house, acting like a victim because your arm is bleeding...

"Yuna, look at me!"

Don't you feel pathetic? You're such a loser, these boys are nice to you because they pity you and your stupid wounds...

I feel my chin being lifted exactly when tears start to roll on my cheeks. I shut my eyes tightly closed. I'm such a loser. I am crying in front of two boys I barely even know. They will think I'm crying because I've accidentally cut myself right now.

Was it truly accidentally?

"Yunhae."

I slowly open my eyes, just to meet Jimin's concerned gaze. I was still sobbing silently when he wiped away my tears with his thumb. I look at him as he was focusing on my face, wiping every single tear that was still coming out of my eyes. I look at his beautiful silver hair and at the ethereal way it was ruffled. It must be windy outside, I tell myself. His perfect skin, his eyes, his lips. He was so close to me that his breath was tickling my face.

Eventually, my tears stop coming out, but Jimin's thumb still wipes away the dry trails.

I stare at him.

He stares at me.

We stare at each other.

"Let me help you." He says calmly and right then, those four words felt heavier than any other thing I'd heard before.

They went right through me, piercing right through my skin, through my heart. Maybe that's why I stopped breathing for a second, because his words hit me like a train, they felt like a sweet death I'd been waiting for too long.

And maybe that's exactly what they actually were.