F. 21

Danbi looks carefully through the menu, trying to find something on her taste. I'd already decided on what I wanted to order. I wasn't in the mood of being picky anyways, I couldn't really focus on anything related to this lunch. JungKook wasn't at school today. At first, I thought he might be avoiding me, but eventually, I went to his music class to check if he was there.

He was not.

And knowing JungKook so well, I knew he wouldn't skip any of his music classes, no matter what. So if he wasn't here, then he hadn't been to school at all.

Something bad must've happened.

I swallowed my pride and tried calling him after classes. But as expected, he didn't answer. Danbi asked me if there was anything wrong, but I just shrugged it off. She doesn't need to know things are going so bad lately.

"Unnie? What do you want to order?" Danbi asks me from across the table.

I wake up from my thoughts and I see that the nice waitress was waiting for my order. I sigh and tell her the food I chose, alongside a cup of tea.

"Why are you eating so little?" Danbi asks me.

"I'm not too hungry." I simply answer.

She looks at me with curious eyes.

"But you're so thin. You have to eat..."

I look at her and push myself to smile.

"It's alright, I've always been this way." I try to explain myself. "I guess it's just my body figure."

"Lucky." She whispers. "I would die for a body like yours."

I don't say anything for a second, thinking about Danbi's body figure and why she's saying that I'm lucky. True, she's not as thin as me, but her body is beautiful, all the right curves in the right places, something that I don't quite have. Her body has always seemed dainty to me, that kind of figure a girl should have. My body is too thin to be considered beautiful.

"I'm not lucky at all." I say silently. "You look a whole lot healthier than me and trust me that's much more important than weight."

Danbi sighs.

"But all the idols have slender and perfect bodies." She says unhappily.

"So what?" I say. "They're forced to diet and work out for those bodies. Do you think that makes them happy?"

Danbi looks at me for a second before answering:

"No..."

"Exactly." I say, looking at the ceiling. "In plus, most of the time, they're doing it for the others. To look good on the stage in front of their public. I guess that's not true happiness, when your self-esteem depends on the way the world sees you."

When Danbi doesn't say anything, I move my gaze towards her to see if there's anything wrong. Instead, I meet her wide eyes, staring at me like I was a miracle happening before her eyes.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Woah..." she says. "That was..."

I look at her even more puzzled than before.

"True." she finishes in bewilderment.

I smile, being a bit amused.

"Thank you, I guess." I say.

"You should write." She suddenly says.

I frown at her words. Why is she saying that out of nowhere?

Suddenly, I remember the essay that I have to write for tomorrow. No, I'm a disaster at writing.

"Why do you think so?'' I calmly ask.