F. 4

"Thank you." I say as he stops outside the building, his breath obviously irregular.

He looks at me expressionless for a few seconds, trying to catch his breath. Then, he shakes his head in denial and sighs.

"Yuna, you know Jaehyun is a jerk, why did you do that?"

Because just for once I wanted to feel like I was doing things the right way.

"Because he was a jerk towards a girl that didn't do anything wrong." I answer, hoping that he would understand.

He's going to understand, sooner or later. Right now, he's just scared for me. But I was too. Even though I didn't show it, I was terrified.

"Danbi is none of your business, Yuna." He replies coldly. "Jaehyun would've slapped you if I hadn't stopped him."

He looks at me for a few seconds as if he just realised something important. I sigh because I know he really did.

"It wasn't just Danbi, was it?" He asks me and I nod.

He ruffles his black hair with his hand and sighs. I avert his gaze trying to look untouched by what has happened just a couple of minutes ago, but I know he can read me better than anyone and that's really frustrating sometimes. I can't hide from him, can I?

"Come here." Jungkook says and pulls me into a hug.

It was this. Things like this made me stay with him no matter what. I felt protected when he was holding me and I guess love was about that. I love him, I know I do. He has been my best friend ever since we were kids and dating him now makes things easier for both of us. The only thing I'm afraid of is that I might not love him the way he does.

I break into tears and I sob silently in his white t-shirt. His scent was so familiar to me, lemon and flowers. He hugs me tight, patting my back and I know that at the end of the day, no matter how much I would pretend, I don't deserve him.

And that, haunting me every single day, was the scarriest part of all.

*

Jungkook was right. My act of bravery wasn't just for Danbi. It was for me. What happened between me and Jaehyun was more than what the others know. But it was none of their business anyway and I'll try to avoid it as long as possible.

Jungkook drove me home as always, promising me that he's gonna pick me up next day. When I enter the house, I hear something in the living room and I realise it's just the TV. My brother is home earlier than me, that's a once in a lifetime thing.

I go to the living room in order to greet him. In plus, I hope he's brought food, I'm starved as hell.

"What's up, opp-..."

I stop in midsentence when I see the person who was sitting carelessly on the couch.

"I don't mind you calling me oppa as well." The smirk on his face expands dangerously.

"The hell you're doing here... Jimin-ssi?"  I ask angry.

He was rude as crap, sitting in that way on my couch, talking to me in that way, as if I was his bitch. What on earth is wrong with this kid? Everything about him screamed out loud "jerk". I have no idea how he's my brother's friend.

"Glad to see you, too, Yuna." He says, his aura changing dangerously fast from a demon to an angel. 

How?