F. 42

Beep
Beep
Beep

I open my eyes and the immediate next second, a terrible headache takes over me. So bad, that tears start to form in my eyes.

"Hyung, she's up!" I hear somebody softly speaking.

Then, a shift and the bright light that was blinding me is covered by a dark figure, looking down at me. It takes me a while to adjust my vision, but eventually it does.

Hoseok.

"Hob...i..." I whisper, realizing my throat is dry and that my voice is gone.

"Shh, don't talk." He says wrapping his arms around me in a warm hug. "Thank God!" I hear him whispering. "You have to drink this, it's water with some kind of pill, the nurse said it should make you hurt less."

I can barely sit, my body hurting like a bitch, feeling like my ribs have been broken. But I somehow manage to drink the glass my brother hands me.

"You're so..." my brother starts after we break the hug, slowly dazing off as he analyzes my body.

I hear somebody shifting on the other side of the bed I was laying in and another dark figure appears before my eyes.

Jimin.

Jimin?

I burst in tears.

"Shh..." he whispers caressing my hair. "Don't cry, please don't cry."

But that can't make me stop crying.

"Yunhae, I know what happened, what truly happened." Jimin says and Hobi nods. "It's going to be alright, okay? Everything will be alright..."

But I don't hear what he says next, because I drift into darkness again.

***

I wake up again, this time my body hurting less.

I'm in a hospital, I think, my assumptions being confirmed by my surroundings. It's dark outside and I assume it's pretty late. I wonder for how long I have been here. I have no idea.

The room was lit up by a simple lamp on the bed side table, and I see a figure slumped in the metal chair on the right side of my bed, but I couldn't see their face. That beautiful auburn hair...

The figure shifts and I catch a glimpse of Seulgi's face, her eyes closed and her hair slightly tangled. She had a grey blanket over her and she was sleeping so peacefully that my heart hurt. I can't help but feel touched by the fact that she's here, standing by me, even though she doesn't owe me anything. I wonder where my brother and Jimin are though.

I look around the room to find a clock and I see a phone on the bed side table. I recognize it as being Seulgi's and I tap on the home button to see what the time is.

2:34 AM

"Yuna..."

I turn my head to look at Seulgi and I see her looking at me with sleepy eyes.

"You're up..." she whispers and then stands up.

She steps towards me and sits on the side of my bed, hugging me.

"Poor little thing..."

She eventually pulls back and I see her eyes slightly puffy.

Did she cry?

"How are you feeling?" she asks and I smile.

"Way better." I answer and I realize my throat isn't hurting anymore.