F. 18

The dim light in the dance hall was bashfully lightening the boy's features. His moves were so delicate that anybody who'd have seen him, would hold their breath. The way his hands were moving around his body, as if they were dancing to their own love song, would've made anybody shiver. It was almost like his skin was glowing when he was moving. There was something about his steps that made him seem ethereal. All that the boy could hear was the melody that was pushing his body to move. To breath. To step forward. And then a bit backwards.

Even if someone entered the dance hall, he wouldn't notice them. He was under a spell, trapped in his own world. That's exactly why he didn't notice his best friend when the latter entered the room. But Taehyung was used to this, therefore he waited for the song to finish so that Jimin could break out of his trance. After the last note of the melody, Jimin's limbs go numb, lifeless as if they hadn't moved so beautifully just a few moments ago.

He opens his eyes when he hears the sound of applause echoing in the hall. He finally notices Taehyung, who was standing near the entrance. He was looking at Jimin with a sincere smile on his lips and a spark of pride in his eyes. The dancer lets out a heavy breath before stepping towards his best friend with weary movements.

"Hey." Is all Jimin says while opening a bottle of water.

"That was amazing, Jimin-ah!" Taehyung says, overflowing with happiness.

After he finishes drinking, Jimin gives his friend a faint smile. He was tired after all, but that wasn't the only reason he couldn't be happy with Tae's reaction. He was his best friend, the one who was supposed to support him no matter what. That's exactly why Jimin wouldn't care too much about what Taehyung would say: he could've been the worst, however Tae would still say he's awesome.

At least, that's what Jimin was thinking. That didn't mean he didn't appreciate the good feedback he was getting. It was just that the nice words couldn't make him feel at ease with his own self.

"Let's go eat something." Taehyung offers.

Jimin nods before taking his backpack and following his friend outside the hall.

If there was something that Taehyung could do and the others couldn't, it would definitely be making Jimin eat. Properly. The fact that they were living in the same flat was making things easier for Taehyung who'd been trying for a long time to make his friend give up any kind of diet.

Because he's thin. He's way too thin for a boy his age.

Jimin said he would stop starving himself several times, however that never truly happened. Taehyung always tries to act natural, as if calling Jimin for dinner would be something normal. In fact, they both know it's more like a "You have to live" reminder for Jimin.

I'll be good, he tells himself.

Just a little bit more.

But sometimes, that's a little bit too much.

And for him, too little.

There's some kind of silent agreement between them , that says they're never gonna bring the deep side of the story up. Not because it wouldn't be important, but because both of them feel like if they're not talking about it, it's easier to pretend it doesn't exist. Like serious consequences do not exist. Like Jimin's starvation can't lead to something really bad.

Even though it already does.

By the time they get to some local bistro close to their flat and they order something to eat. It was pretty late in the evening, so a full meal would've been too much. Taehyung knew that, but he also knew Jimin hadn't eaten more than an apple that day.