F. 16

It was already the third period when I realized that JungKook's phone was still in my pocket. I wanted to go to his the music class, where he was right now, but the literature teacher could arrive momentarily. When he finally does, we all stand up, greeting him politely. I try to sound polite as well. He was a nice person, but today I wasn't in the mood for artistic stuff.

"Hello, class, I want to start with reminding you that I want your essays by the end of this week. So please, don't forget about them, they're very important for your final scores, as you already know."

Damn it.

I forgot about that stupid essay. I took up writing it the day I saw Jaehyun bullying Danbi and never continued that ever since. Ugh, I hate myself...

I was trying to pay attention to what the teacher was saying, when I feel something vibrating in my pocket. JungKook's phone?

"Excuse-me, can I go to the restroom, please?" I say, rising my hand politely.

"Sure, Yuna." My teacher says and I stand up, leaving the class.

I did that because I didn't want to get detention for using the phone during classes. The hallway was empty and my footsteps were echoing in a way that made me want to reach the restroom faster. When I finally do it, I realize the room is empty as well, to my relief. But I didn't want to risk myself, so I entered one of the booths, closing the door behind me. I take the phone out of my pocket and unlock it. Indeed, there was an unread text. I check the inbox and see that it was a text from his mom.

I shouldn't.

But he's my boyfriend.

He's my best friend.

There's nothing truly important we should keep away from each other. I feel bad for doing this, but I finally get the chance to see what's been going on with him and his family lately. I need to know. I want to support him in the best way possible and I can't do that if I don't know why he's hurting.

I inhale deeply. Then, I exhale.

I open the unread message.

"Sweetheart, I know you're in school right now, but I just wanted to let you know your father will be taking care of me this evening, it's okay if you don't come home, you can go to your grandma if you want, just please take care of yourself, I love you."

His dad is home?

And why would he be taking care of JungKook's mother? What happened to her?

Why wouldn't JungKook want to go home?

And why didn't he tell me anything about this?

I have too many unanswered questions and I can't help but feel sad that JungKook didn't talk to me about this, whatever this would be. Why didn't he?

Why?

I put his phone back in my pouch-pocket and exit the booth. The restroom was still empty, to my relief. Now that I've read the text, I'll have to tell him about it, because he will find out about this anyway. I'm a bit scared though, because I have no idea what's going on.

I leave the restroom and head towards my class. As I was getting closer to the floor where the class was, I hear some voices talking on a low tone somewhere in the hallway from the upper staircase.

I shrug. Maybe they are just the laundresses.

"You have no right to hurt Yuna."

Oh, no, they're not.

I frown and stop in my tracks, suddenly paying attention to the probably-meant-to-be-secret conversation. Who's that? Who has hurt me? And who is trying to defend me?