Forty-One

We sat in my room in silence. I fiddled with the hem of my shorts and Taehyung was just watching me. I was so confused as to why he was here, but I was too scared to ask him.

"Hana" He spoke, making me jump slightly "We need to talk"

"If it's about me dropping out of college, I am," I said, "Don't worry. You won't have to see my face again. The headteacher is planning to suspend me for longer and I can just go in for exams"

"No...it's not about that"

"Then why are you here?" I asked, "Was making me cry in front of a crowd not enough for you?"

Taehyung sighed and ran his hands through his hair "I...I came to say sorry"

"Sorry?" I exclaimed, "For what? There is a long list of things that-"

"For everything" Taehyung muttered, "For trying to get you to drop out, for not stopping the girls beating you up, and for making you cry"

I scoffed "Did you forget about tonguing my best friend? Forget it. Have her, see if I care. I'm done with you. Not like she's much of a friend. She's an ex-friend for a reason and you just made it easier to give up on her"

Taehyung

Shit. She was so angry. Not that I blamed her. I just didn't want to end up having my arm broken and after seeing her in action against her brothers, I had to choose my words carefully.

I had to laugh at that. Carefully? Every word that came out of my stupid mouth upset Hana. I was fucking clueless on how to speak to her and explain how sorry I was. I had never even apologised to my parents.

How the hell was I supposed to apologise to a girl who wanted to rip my face off? And if I made her cry again, I would be leaving the house in a body bag. Her brothers wouldn't let me live if I make her cry again.

Think Taehyung. Think. Hana is just a girl but...ok. She was a girl you fell in love with so really it shouldn't be that hard to tell you how you feel.

I sighed and ruffled my hair "Hana"

"Why aren't you leaving?" Hana asked, not looking at me "I said I'm done with you"

"Then why are you not trying to get me out?" I asked, "I know you don't want me to leave. You are crying again"

Hana swiped angrily at her face "I'm not crying"

I stood up and sat on the side of her bed "Please stop crying. Shit. Please stop crying!"

"Get out," Hana said, not looking at me "Go back to Jessica"

"Why would I go back to her?" I frowned.

"It's all over the internet, Taehyung" Hana snapped, "You are together. Everyone has told me that she can't keep her hands away from you. Go away"

"Are you jealous?" I asked, without thinking. I quickly pressed my lips together. So much for thinking about what to say.

Fucking idiot. Get ready for a broken nose.

"Jealous?" She said, with a sad smile "I'd never be jealous of that bitch. It wouldn't be the first time she has done this to me"

"Hana," I said, grabbing her hand "I'm not with her"

"That kiss told me otherwise" She muttered and pulled her hand away from me.

"I didn't even know who she was until that day," I said.

Hana snorted "Don't lie to me. Jessica is your type. She's funny, gorgeous and enjoys being around people"

"She isn't my type"

"Stop lying," Hana said, wiping her eyes again "Don't worry. All girls are your type, just not me. I'll get over being hurt. I always do"

"I'm not with her,"

"You don't have to explain it to me, Taehyung," Hana sighed, "It's ok. We had our fun but you can have fun with other girls. I'm just not...it doesn't matter. Can you please leave?"

"I won't until-"

"Until what?" She snapped, "Taehyung, I told you how I was treated by my ex. I opened up to you with the hope you would understand. That was my mistake and I'm sorry that I liked you more than I should. I'm just as bad as you with the stupid game and yeah, you won. Well done. But please, just leave me alone. I need space,"

I got to my feet and walked towards the door. I stopped and looked over my shoulder at her. Her face was wet, and I felt my heart sink. Why would I want Jessica when she was the one clouding my thoughts?

"Hana, you weren't my type," I said honestly, "But now? There is no one else I would want to spend the rest of my life with"