24/ the three by sarah lotz (re-read)

read: 31.03.18 - 04.04.18

book: The Three

author: Sarah Lotz

blurb: Black Thursday. The day that will never be forgotten. The day that four passenger planes crashed, almost exactly at the same moment, at four different points across the globe. There are only four survivors; three are children, who were removed unhurt but not unchanged. The fourth is Pamela Donald who lived long enough to record a voice message on her phone. That message is a warning.

review: I re-read this book purely because it was one of my favourites from last year and I wanted to see if the experience would be the same. What I love so much about this book is the ingenuity and careful planning which makes all these different accounts flow together simultaneously to paint this incredibly detailed picture of the event which happened.

It reads very much like a non-fiction book - it's that realistic.

Re-reading it reminded me about parts of the plot which I had completely forgotten previously, and I got to relive the excitement of reading it all over again. It's safe to say that I enjoyed it just as much second time round. The only criticism I have is that some of the parts of the story felt quite random and turned out to be of little significance but maybe all will be revealed in the sequel.

rating: 10/10