40/ life of pi by yann martel

read: 25.05.18 - 26.05.18

book: Life of Pi

author: Yann Martel

blurb: One boy, one boat, one tiger . . .

After the tragic sinking of a cargo ship, a solitary lifeboat remains bobbing on the wild, blue Pacific. The only survivors from the wreck are a sixteen year-old boy named Pi, a hyena, a zebra (with a broken leg), a female orang-utan and a 450-pound Royal Bengal tiger.

review: I know, I know, another book which everyone has read which I have only gotten round to reading now. How despicable of me!

This is actually a book I wish I had picked up earlier because I would have been able to experience its excellence before now! I loved this book, and I really couldn't stop reading. I thought it was so beautifully crafted and written, full of rich and gorgeous imagery which really captured my imagination.

I was properly rooting for Pi in this book, and I found myself engulfed into this world of desperation mixed with serenity. I would mentally cheer whenever he found food or fresh water.

I thought the ending was so interesting but I don't want to give anything away so I won't talk about it in detail. Let's just say I spent about 20 minutes after reading the book frantically looking online to see if there was an answer or explanation to the ending.

The thing which kept going through my head was how I would never be able to survive living on a lifeboat for that long, let alone with a tiger in the boat as well.

rating: 10/10