Chapter 17- Her Past (Edited)

Amir's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night to the bed shaking and turn my head to see Aaliya shivering and mumbling something under her breath continuously as she curled up in a ball in the corner of the bed.

"No please, don't come near me Ibrahim, please don't come near me or else I will shoot myself with the gun you keep in your room!" Aaliya shouted as I froze in my place after hearing the word gun, was she really tortured so badly that at one point she wanted to kill herself?

I went closer to her and placed my hand on her shoulder as I was about to wrap my arm around her but she pushed me away as she thought I was Ibrahim which really stung me.

"Shhhhh Aaliya it's okay it's just me, Amir and nothing is going to happen to you as long as I am with you in sha Allah," I said to her as I tried to calm her whilst rubbing her back and cradling her in my arms. I felt her move and moved my head to see her slowly opening her eyes and getting up.

"Are you okay Aaliya are better now?" I asked her as I looked at her who just looked at me and nodded. Her face started turning pale and she quickly ran to the bathroom as I ran after her and held her hair as she bent over the toilet and threw up. I gently caressed her back and helped her onto her feet and waited patiently as she brushed her teeth before I led her back to our bed.

"I am sorry you had to see me in this state and had to see me being sick which must have smelt really bad and I am really sorry I ruined your sleep," she said to me as tears formed in her eyes. I took her by the hand and sat down on the edge of the bed with her right next to me and l lifted up her head so she could look at me.

"Listen to me Aaliya, you didn't ruin my sleep as I am glad I saw you in this state as I was there to help you and as much as I would like to know about your past that is for you to decide if you want me to tell me or not and it's okay to cry let it all out," I said as tears started to roll down her cheeks like waterfalls, it pained me to see her like this.

"Amir, it's not that I don't want to tell you, it's that I am scared you are going to leave me after I tell you my past and I am scared of how you are going to react," she said honestly as I was a little bit hurt but at the same time I understood why she would be scared.

"It's okay you can tell me Aaliya, I promise I won't leave you no matter what happened in your past as that is your past as we have all night and to be honest I am not tired anymore," I said as she took a deep breath whilst my heart started to beat faster.

"It all started when I had just turned 16 years old and we were going to have a family gathering and we needed to do some shopping for groceries, so I volunteered to go to the shops even though it was getting dark and I kissed my mom on the cheek and hugged my dad as he was going to work for some sort of emergency that we later found out was faked. So I left the house and was walking to the grocery store that was just down the round and around the corner. As I was walking to the store I felt as if someone was following me but I thought I was being pathetic and paranoid, so I ignored it which was a bad idea.

I had bought the groceries and was walking back home when out of nowhere a hand was placed over my eyes and a piece of cloth was placed over my mouth as I screamed for help but nobody was around to hear me, the next thing I knew was that I was being thrown into a van and driven somewhere. When I woke up I was in an abandoned warehouse and was tied to a bed with ropes around my wrists and chains around my ankles," she said as she broke into tears, I started to wrap my arms around her as I bought her into the bed and pulled the duvet over us, cuddling her as she rested her head on my shoulder as I placed a kiss on the crown of her head.

"I was continuously being tortured, by this mysterious man that always had his face covered with a mask, by being hit with metal chains until I bled, I was always being left to starve and die without food and water for many days, there was this one time where that guy came in drunk and almost forced himself on me but Alhumdulillah I had Allah on my side as my weapon and the guy passed out before he could do anything. A couple of weeks later a girl came and was told she had to look after me and after days of persuading her she told me that they were a Mafia gang and did this to many innocent looking girls where they would sell them to gain money, the only reason she told me this was because of the way I treated her as apparently I was the only girl who treated her with kindness so I tried and tried to escape and every time I did I would get caught and put to sleep in a room where the would torture me until my whole body would be covered in blood.