Chapter 34 - Ariyan and Ariyah Shezard. (Edited)

Please bear with me guys, I am 14 and don't know what it is like being pregnant and giving birth but I will try to describe it as best as I can but not in all the gory details. Also, my Urdu isn't great at all as I don't speak it much but I can understand it so please forgive me if I get it wrong or mix it with a bit of Punjabi.

Aaliya's POV

"Come on that's it a couple more pushes and the first baby will be out Aaliya, you are 10cm dilated and need to do it now," she said and I believed her and trusted Allah and left it all in his hands.

I pushed as hard as I could until I felt all the air leave my body. I couldn't do this but I needed to, I was worried because with Amira my water broke first and then my contractions started but with Ariyah and Ariyan my contractions started first and then my water broke.

"I can see the head, come on you can do it," she said as I pushed once more and felt something huge and slimy come out of me.

Cries started to take place in the room as my eyes overflowed with tears as Humaira brought my baby towards me.

"Congratulations, it's a boy, Amir do you want to cut the umbilical cord?" she asked as the placed Ariyan on my chest as the tears continued to cascade down my cheeks.

"Yes, I would love to cut the umbilical cord," Amir said as he took the scissors out of Humaira's hands and gently cut the cord where Humaira's hand was placed.

Humaira then took him away to clean as Amir followed her and waited for Ariyan to be cleaned and dressed before carefully picking him up and read the Azan in his ear and placed a small amount of honey on the roof of his mouth as we didn't have any dates.

"Weight is 5 lbs and 4 ounces, time of birth 8:30 pm and his name is Ariyan Ahmed Shezard," Humaira shouted as they placed an armband on his wrist, I tried to not cry as he was born early they would need to place him in an incubator.

"Come on Aali, you still need to give birth to Ariyah or are you forgetting her," Ameena said as I groaned, I mean I just stopped and I am so tired but I need to do this for myself and Amir and everyone out there.

I began to push once more and repeated the whole process over again as the sweat ran down my face and I kept on pushing until I felt something big and slimy come out of me and I had realized I did it, I gave birth to my twins.

Amir came over after putting Ariyan down and I started crying as Amir kissed my forehead and cut her umbilical cord and waited for her to be cleaned and dressed and then recited the Azan in her ears and placed honey on the roof of her mouth.

"Weight is 5 lbs and 4 ounces, time of birth 8:40 pm and her name is Ariyah Ahmed Shezard," Ameena shouted as they did the same process to her. I really wanted to see my babies, but I felt so tired and drained of energy.

I soon realised that I still have to birth out the placentas which is known as the afterbirth and I wasn't looking forward to that. It's basically a big bloody mass that held the babies and provided the nutrients needed.

"Can I hold them" I weakly asked after going through the afterbirth as Ameena nodded her head and brought over Ariyah and Humaira brought over Ariyan, who were both sleeping peacefully as I held Ariyan and Amir held Ariyah.

"I did it, Amir and I can't believe it," I said smiling widely as tears streamed down my face, as Amir smiled widely back at me and repeatedly kissed my cheeks and foreheads over and over again.

"Thank you so much Aaliya, I am so sorry for putting you through so much pain," Amir whispered whilst feeling guilty for doing this to me.

"Haha Amir, just wait until we get them home in sha Allah and I make you clean their diapers," I said as I couldn't help but laugh.