Chapter 44- Coming Clean. (Edited)

Amir's POV

I felt like there was a drill going on inside my head as I heard a soft voice reciting the Quran beautifully. I quickly recognized it as Aaliya as she recites the Quran every night before going to bed.

I tried opening my eyes but I felt like there was a huge boulder placed over my body causing everything to hurt and not move. I tried moving my hands to stop the burning in my throat but it was to no avail as I couldn't move. What happened?

Just then everything came crashing down. The phone call. The meetings. The threats. The alley-way. The gang. The pole to the head. The fight. The tracker. The gun. The mission. Success. What have I done and why did I not tell anyone?

"Amir bebeh, what have you done to yourself? Why did you not tell anyone what was going on with you? What about the twins, Amira or me? Did you think about what would happen to us if anything happens to you? Please wake up soon and don't leave us alone, we can't deal with any more drama in our lives", Aali spoke as a felt something wet drop on my hand and realized it was a tear.

My heart tore at what she was saying and a tear escaped my eyes when I realized I was the reason behind her pain. I heard movement before a shrill squeal.

"Subhan, Amar, somebody, go get the doctor, I think he is awake!" Aali screamed as the door opened. I wasn't in the hospital, am I? It doesn't smell like the hospital and I can hear any machines or any noise.

The sound of feet travelled through my ears as I felt something or someone, check my wrist presumably finding my pulse. I tried once again prying my eyes open when I finally had opened my eyes a little bit and was blinded by a white light as I groaned.

"Oops, sorry. Didn't realize you were awake now?" Humaira said as she continued to check my vitals making sure I was okay as there was a guy who was bulky yet looked a bit like the typical cute male nurse handing her the equipment needed.

"Where am I?" I asked my voice coming out raspy and husky as I began coughing violently as she held a glass of water up to my lips and began drinking it all in one gulp greedily.

"We are at home in the guest bedroom because Subhan said he doesn't want to get the actual hospital involved as they will get the police involved so they called me. How are you doing?" Humaira asked as she gently continued to clean my wounds as I winced at the contact of the alcohol.

I tried sitting up when the door opened and Aaliya came running up to me, with tears running down her face. I tried returning her smile but it didn't work well. She glared at me as I let out a painful sigh at least everyone will be safe now and nothing bad is to happen to anybody. I put an end to the whole business and yet here I am sitting in an unknown room barely being able to move.

"Why are you smiling?" Aaliya asked me as she looked at me with concern shining brightly in her eyes.

"Nothing", I replied as I tried to sit up only to groan and get pushed back down by her again.

"What are you doing? You are not well enough to sit down so you are lying down until you get better and there is nothing you can say about it", she ordered as I let out a small chuckle that sounded like a strangled cat.

"Okay, Aali. Here I am lying in a bed not being able to feel anything and there you are still bossing me around", I stated as I chuckled as she glared at me and slapped my arm as I fake winced.

"Oh my Allah, I am so sorry. Did I hurt you? Should I call Humaira?" she asked as she rambled on and I took this chance to just look at her, noticing every small detail cursing myself at how I could put her through all of my bullshit.