Chapter 38- Family. (Edited)

2 MONTHS LATER

Amir's POV

Laughter echoed the bright, spacious room. Fulfilling the real definition of what makes a home full of comfort and joy.

Living with the babies had made a difference in the first month but we soon got used to waking up in the night to change the diapers and for Aaliya to feed Ariyah and Ariyan at least once every night. They were good babies they would sleep through the night and only wake up once to twice on a daily basis.

However, it was still hectic as our house was like the household that never sleeps, due to everyone coming and going whenever they felt like it.

Turning around to see what was the force on my small finger I found Ariyah's baby hand gripping mine as I let out a small chuckle. The babies were now three months old and had a great sense of movement for their age, as Ariyan began moving his arms up and down.

I couldn't believe how fast time was going, as my babies were playing around, causing me to laugh.

Having kids completely changes you as a person, making you realize that you know need to embrace adulthood and grow up, teaching your child or children the difference from right and wrong, to be honest, being there for their first words, their first steps, their first day of school and every single other important day on their lives up until your princess becomes someone else's queen and you prince becomes someone's king.

Aaliya was currently on the phone with Ameena as she was now 6 months pregnant and Reharn was worrying about all the types of food she was eating. So Aali had to step in and assure him that Ameena being a doctor herself, knows the dangers and what she is eating and the cravings she is getting are perfectly normal.

I looked over at Ariyah whose eyes were slowly fluttering closed as I gently picked her up and began rocking her until she began to snore softly.

I placed Ariyah in her cot and began to proceed with caution, checking up on Amira who was also sleeping as I placed a kiss on her forehead and covered her with her blanket making sure not to get her face, just like I did with Ariyah.

I made my way back to my room and began to look at the energetic Ariyan. Since everybody else was busy today me and Aali finally had gotten a whole day to spend with our children including Amira, as a family.

I was currently sitting on the floor when Aaliya walked through the door and began laughing.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked her as she pointed towards Ariyan.

I turned to where she was pointing and saw Ariyan had finally found out he has feet and was playing with them trying to put them in his mouth. He began making small yelling noises and that was how he cries. Alhamdulillah both of them are quite babies and don't cry at all.

Aali walked over towards us and sat down, as I stared at my beautiful and complete family of three children so far but maybe somewhere in the future we can have more children. In sha Allah.

I watched as Aaliya played with Ariyan as I began to get lost in my thoughts. I didn't want to spend less time with Amira just because she is not my blood and flesh she is still my daughter no matter what the birth certificate says. I will continue to treat all my children fairly over the years and not have any pity on one than the other, they all mean the same to me regardless if they are my blood or flesh.

I picked up Ariyan and started nuzzling my nose into his stomach causing my little teddy bear to burst out laughing. Both twins had put on a little weight and to be honest it looked good on them especially their chubby cheeks. I just want to pull them, but I can't as it will hurt them.