Chapter 42- Secrets Always Unravel Themselves. (Edited)

Aaliya's POV

"How's life going?" Simra asked as she jumped on the kitchen counter.

I beamed at her as I hugged her because it has been some time since I have had the time to catch up with her as she has been having exams.

"Life is great, Alhamdulillah," I said as I finished washing the dishes and wiped my hands before jumping on the counter next to her.

"What about your life and exams. How are they going?" I asked her as I nudged her shoulders and waved my eyebrows at her as she sighed and I noticed her shoulders slump.

"Urgghh... it's just so stressful. I want to do well, so I can do my second master's degree and course and get the job I want," she said as she sighed. I began laughing as she reminded me of myself when I was at her stage in life.

"What are you laughing about? I am here stressing about exams and you are just sitting there laughing at me?" she asked me as she jumped off the counter and was about to leave when I jumped off the counter.

"Hey, don't leave I just messing with you. I was laughing because you remind me of myself, Simra", I replied as I jumped off the counter and grabbed her wrist pulling her into a big, warm embrace, as she sighed before smiling at me and I knew she was back to her normal self.

"I know you are, it's just all the stress getting to me. I don't want to let everybody down because everybody else got good grades and did really well," she said as she smiled sadly at me as I gave her a hug and pulled her towards the living room, where I found Subhan playing with Ariyah as well as Ariyan.

It put a smile on my face because Subhan may look all tough but inside he is a big softie who surprisingly loves children. We walked into the living room and I noticed a little corner of the room covered with blankets. I walked closer to the little heap of blankets and I realized it was a fort, with giggling coming from inside.

As I was going to walk inside, a little brown hair covered head popped out and I realized it was Amira, who came out and looked at her fort before clapping her little hands together.

"Mummy, look I made a fort with blankets!" Amira exclaimed as I walked towards her and smiled. I crouched down before her picking her up I placed a small kiss on her cheek.

"I know baby, I am proud of you. How about we make a gigantic fort and everybody can fit in it?" I suggested as she eagerly nodded her head and Subhan's head shot up as he smiled brightly at me and nodded his head. Simra placed Ariyah on the play mat next to Ariyan and stood up walking out the living room.

"Where is she going?" I asked as Subhan shrugged his shoulders at me and stood up grabbing a few pillows.

A few minutes later Simra appeared with a huge pile of blankets and placed them on the large sofa being careful not to hurt the babies.

"Now, this is what we are talking about," Subhan said as he fist bumped the air and made a run for the blankets.

"Should we call Safina and Shazeb to come to join us. I'm sure they are getting bored at home, plus since they've had their Bharat and Walima, I have barely seen her. It's been a month already," I stated as they looked at me before bursting out laughing.

"Obviously, Subhan is going to say yes, he will have another man in the house, whereas there will be another girl in the house, making the number to girls greater than the number to boys," Simra stated giggling at the obvious and only reason why he wants his sister and brother-in-law to come.

"Shut up Simra!" Subhan shouted as he threw a pillow at Simra who squealed and threw one back.

20 MINUTES LATER