Chapter 46- Family Matters. (Edited)

Aaliya's POV

I was smiling at something Safina had said, as I hugged her at the good new she has just told us.

Ameena had given birth to a beautiful baby boy about a month ago and decided to call him Aasim. A beautiful name if you ask me in fact so beautiful it was the second option for me for any future baby boy I have. But I am just happy she has a family of her own and Zaira had just told us she was pregnant and now Safina too has told us she is pregnant as well.

A lot has happened in the past three months and I mean that in a good way and I am just glad that I have family here with me. No matter how big or small my family maybe how close or distant related they may be they are still family and I love every single member regardless if they are family friends as the word family is still there.

We were all sitting in the theatre room as it had more seating area in there rather than the living room, which was funny if I am being honest.

We weren't watching any film or anything but rather because there were so many of us sitting here we decided to use this room instead.

All the older married couples, so like my parents, parents-in-law and aunts and uncles sat at the front, nearest to the screen. The middle-aged couples like my cousins who had kids from the age of five and older sat at in the middle section closer towards the front. The couples that had been married for 2 years to roughly 5 years sat in the middle. The newly wedded couples or the couples that had been married a year or were expecting were sitting in the middle but closer to the back. The people like my cousins who were single and all the teenagers including Simra, Aleena and Sidrah sat at the back.

Don't ask why we sat like that because we don't know ourselves. I guess it's because we all sat next to people we love talking to and get along with more. Don't get me wrong we all get along well with one another but we all have those certain groups of friends or family that we are closer to but not intentionally.

We may have been sitting like that but we talked to everyone regardless of the fact that we were on opposite sides of the room.

I currently had taken Aasim off of my sister and was cuddling with him, his wide hazel eyes staring back at me.

"As-salaam Aasim, I am your khala Aaliya and I love you very much", I whispered in his ear as he yawned.

Ah, babies so innocent and naive yet they knew exactly how to get on people's nerves. I laughed as I passed him back to Ameena who was, sat a seat away from me as she smiled at me.

"Thank you for putting him to sleep," she said.

"Hey, don't thank me. He is a newborn baby all he is going to be doing is sleeping," I answered as we began laughing.

I turned around and looked at every single person in this room happy for them being here and not leaving us in time of need. The twins were now 7 months old and were eating solid food.

I can't believe the time is flashing right in front of us. It is like it is disappearing into thin air and I want to grab on to each and every one of these moments. I just don't want them to grow up so fast and then soon forget about me or not need me anymore.

I want to try to enjoy all these moments I have with my children even if they are fully grown and married, they will always be my babies.

"Wassup, Aali?" my mammoo Nazim asked me as he sat down next to me and placed an arm around my shoulder. I leaned into his embrace slightly and shrugged my shoulders.

"Nothing much, what's up with you and maammi and how are the girls?" I asked him as he placed his phone into his pocket and turned to face me.

"Everyone is good, we were thinking of going to Pakistan for a bit and guess what everyone is coming with us!" he replied as he shouted, gaining everyone's attention.