Chapter 20- Walima (Edited)

Amir's POV

I woke up to the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, although her hair was really frizzy and curly she still looked really beautiful to me. I probably looked like a mess myself with horrible morning breath, but that makes me wonder in movies how can a couple wake up and kiss whilst having really bad morning breath. It doesn't make any sense. I forgot that today is our walima as it has been 2 weeks from our marriage and we want to do it before our parents go to Hajj.

I heard some noise next to me and turned over and looked at Aaliya who had just woken up with a tiny bit of drool on the corner of her mouth as she quickly ran to the bathroom and washed her face and brushed her teeth.

I gave her a quizzical look to which she pointed towards the clock that read 10:30. Oh no I thought as I ran out of my bed and towards the bathroom as she started laughing.

"You think this is funny?" I asked her as I walked closer to her.

"Well, kind of I mean why do you think I ran to the bathroom, to get fresh for the walima, duh," she said with a cheeky grin on her face as she ran to the wardrobe and locked the door before I could get to her.

"This isn't over," I said as she laughed.

"Yeah whatever mate, this is over," she said as I walked into the bathroom and hopped into the shower, letting the warm water run down my body wondering what it would be like when my mom and dad would go for Hajj and what we would do with both empty houses and who would stay with who in what house.

I want a night to just be Aaliya and me so we can have some fun. I hopped out of the shower and trimmed my stubble a little bit and put some cologne on with aftershave and walked into my bedroom with a towel around my waist but I froze when I saw Aaliya.

She stood there like a queen in a beautiful maroon lengha that had gold embroidery beautifully designed everywhere on the dress as a beautiful red blush covered her cheeks with minimal makeup that contained mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick, highlighter, blusher, bronzer and contour, not wearing any foundation as her skin was really clear Alhamdulillah. She had adorned the scarf that came with it over her head covering all her hair making sure no baby hairs were peaking out but as it was a mixed gathering as it was only all family and family friends there was no one that none of us knew so she decided to do it like that.

She looked beautiful as she looked at me with her beautiful eyes that took my breath away as a blush appeared on her face as she realized I was only wearing a towel.

"Does this bother you?" I asked her as she looked at me with confidence.

"No why would it bother me?" she asked me as she slowly started pushing me towards the wardrobe and directed me towards my clothes. As I smiled at myself, as I walked into the wardrobe imagining myself doing things with her that she will never agree to. My outfit was a gold sherwani with maroon designs on it and it matched Aaliya's outfit perfectly, with maroon skinny salwar with a scarf as well.

I came out of the bathroom to see my annoying siblings in my room taking group photos and selfies with Aaliya in the middle standing up and Subhan at the back towards her left with Safina on the other side of Subhan on the right of Aaliya and Simra kneeling down at the front pointing at her.

"Hey, am I invisible?" I asked as they all gasped and jumped, especially Aaliya as her eyes widened and a red colour filled her cheeks as she smiled to herself whilst looking down, fiddling with her fingers.

I walked closer to her and put my arm around her as everybody was still in their poses so we just took some more selfies and group photos and then my parents came into the room looked beautifully young and they had tears in their eyes. I mean it must be an amazing feeling watching your child get married. I wonder if I would be alive for my children's weddings or not.