Chapter 41-Birthday and surprises. (Edited)

Aaliya's POV

It was Amira's birthday today and everybody was really excited as we could have another big family gathering, with everybody present for her birthday. A lot has happened for Amira and I in the past year and we have met so many new people. This gathering would be like Amira's acceptance in this new life with these new and amazing people.

However, Amira is a child so she doesn't know when her birthday is as we haven't really celebrated it properly apart from just getting her a small cake and having family over. Poor Amira doesn't even realize what is happening half the time, she is just in her own world half the time and I let her as she is a kid and doesn't need to worry about the problems going on in our lives.

I was getting ready, thinking about what to do and not go over the top as she is a kid and isn't going to remember this at all, so we like to keep it as simple as possible. But since we have a big family, we do need lots of food, chairs, tables and a big cake though to feed everyone.

Sometimes I am happy that my immediate family don't come on the same day. Don't get me wrong I love them but I already have so many family friends that are over when my immediate family come there is no space for anybody to sit anywhere and then sometimes arguments start. So my immediate family are coming tomorrow and half of them don't exactly live in the country that's why they aren't around my parent's house all the time.

Everybody was downstairs trying to get the place ready for the gathering whilst I was getting the kids and myself ready. It would be a tough way to distract Amira from the house so Aleena and Safina have thought about taking her out with Sidrah and Simra tagging along as they were planning on going to town with each other beforehand.

Zaira, Lucy, Natasha, Ameena, Samantha, Sofia, Maryam and Dasha are coming over to help me get the house ready in time because despite Amira being a kid she gets paranoid about going out anywhere without me as she is scared of me getting hurt.

She is honestly such a good kid and only forgets about me for a short while so we need to get the house ready quickly before she comes back.

I was getting Ariyan ready when Amir walked in the room and placed a small kiss on my cheek as I smiled at him.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked me as I looked at him playing with Ariyah and helping me by changing her clothes after I changed her diaper.

He had never changed Ariyah's diapers because he finds it uncomfortable as she is a girl so he changed Ariyan's instead. In the beginning, he would change the odd one or two of Ariyah's diapers but now he has just stopped. I don't know what he is uncomfortable about because she is a baby but I don't question it because he is still helping out with the children.

"I was just thinking about how am I going to distract Amira from going out all day without me there," I said to him as I finished clothing the kids and paced Ariyan on my lap as Amir did the same with Ariyah.

"Oh right, she is not used to going anywhere without you is she?" he asked as he looked up at me as I nodded and sighed.

"What am I going to do? She is fine if I am not there for a couple of hours at the most but she is not fine if I am not there for the whole day. However, she has her khalas (mum's sisters,  female cousins and female friends) and phuppos there so she should be alright I mean she absolutely adores Safina, Simra, Aleena and Sidrah (dad's sisters, female cousins and any female friends from his side of the family) they should be able to keep her occupied until everything is ready," I answered as he placed his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into his embrace.

We sat there for a few minutes taking in the silence and just playing with the babies before having to go downstairs and work like crazy. Not gonna have time to stop and play with my babies, I kissed them both on both cheeks and hugging them, we began making our way downstairs.