P r o l o g u e

Shit!

Anaya stopped in her tracks when she heard her boss curse. She turned around and noticed him trying to turn on the engine, but his car seemed to have broken down. She pressed her lips tightly. She looked up at the sky, it is raining heavily and somehow, she has managed to escape the rain. She looked down at herself, she is already drenched in rain so what a biggie in walking back to the car. Hesitatingly, she stepped out of the building again and hurried to the car.

Maaz rolled down the window pane when someone knocked at the window.

'What do you want now?' Maaz frowned at her. Anaya bend bringing her face close to his.

'Sir. It is raining heavily, and your car has broken down. If you don't mind you can stay at my place tonight.'

Maaz wanted to refuse. No ways. He can't take shelter in his employee's apartment. That too his secretary. If this goes out it will create a scandal. Anaya watched Maaz and mentally scolded him for taking so much time.

Irritated she spoke, - 'Sir, can you please hurry up and decide.'

Maaz frowned. 'Excuse me? Miss. Hasan'

'Hussain.' Anaya corrected him for the nth time.

'Whatever. How dare you speak to your boss this way.' He said. Anaya slapped her forehead and straightened.

'Fine, sir. Then keep sitting in the car.' She said and turned. Maaz watched her go and then tried igniting the engine but failed again.

Anaya was about to step into her building when she heard his deep voice call her, - 'Miss Hasan.'

Anaya sighed rolling her eyes up and then turned around

Anaya felt strange and conscious walking with Maaz towards her apartment. Both terribly drenched. Fidgeting with her home keys Anaya eyed him from the corner of her eyes. He shook his arms and ran his fingers through his wet hair. Anaya looked away when his gaze accidentally fell on her. He got suspicious of her.

Maaz felt awkward as he stood behind her as she unlocked the door.

What the hell is he doing? - He questioned himself. As he looked around his gaze fell on Anaya's back. Her wet white shirt clung to her body. He had a good view of her purple bra from under her transparent shirt.

Anaya pushed open the door and turned to face Maaz, he quickly looked away pretending to examine the nameplate. He ran his fingers at the edge of the wooden nameplate.

'Come in, sir.' She said pointing inside. Maaz nodded, looked around the empty hallway and entered first. Anaya followed him and locked the door from inside.....

****************************

How was the Prologue, guys? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*