50. Decided?

This is a short update (on purpose)*winks*

Maaz sat on a bench in a secluded area of the park

Maaz sat on a bench in a secluded area of the park. He had been here all day and after coaxing his heart, with a lot of effort, he had managed to believe Anaya was innocent. But her confession broke his trust and his heart. He sighed staring at his fingers. For a second he had given into his mother's provocation, but his father had knocked sense into him; just on time. Now, he believed his mother and Hannah that Anaya has framed him for something he hasn't done; all that for a divorce. But she hasn't even signed the paper yet and why would she lie about being pregnant when she knew that this will just delay the divorce. She was so desperate for divorce that she planned to fake rape then why didn't she go ahead and divorce him right away. Why didn't she take him to court? His thoughts had troubled him before confronting her but after her confession all these logics took a back seat. Maaz's mind was totally boggled. He hadn't thought this much since ever and now his head hurt a bit.

As he sat in seclusion trying to make sense of things, he heard a woman's warm and sweet voice. Slowly, he looked up and found a familiar-looking middle-aged woman standing in front of him and smiling. She had worn a simple salwar suit and her long tresses were tied in a neat bun.

He frowned, - 'Yes?'

'Maaz,' – she sat beside him and he shifted, - 'I am Shabana, Anaya's mother.' She informed him. Realization dawned upon him and he nodded awkwardly.

'Beta,' – she placed a hand on his shoulder, - 'I heard about the whole chaos that just happened at your place.' She said calmly. Maaz was taken aback.

Shabana sighed and looked front, - 'I heard Anaya and Azlaan speaking with each other. Your mother,' – she looked at Maaz, - 'threw her out of the house and she was talking about going back to her apartment, but I insisted she came to our place.' She looked away again while Maaz kept observing her.

She looked away and spoke, - 'Anaya had always been a very obedient child. She did everything we told her without questioning us. Her father, always, intimidated her. That is why she doesn't object when we fixed her engagement with Sheeraz and pressurized her to marry him. She didn't want to, never, but she agreed for us and...'

Maaz felt sudden coldness as Mrs. Hussain revealed everything about Anaya. Her supposed engagement with Sheeraz, the scandal with him, then them forcing her to marry him only to divorce him. With shocked eyes, he looked front towards the bushes. He began sinking in everything. He was startled upon feeling Shabana's warm palm, but he doesn't look at her.

She sighed, - 'Beta, I know what Anaya did is unforgivable, but she was in under immense pressure, she wasn't thinking straight.' She was at the edge of crying.

Slowly, Maaz turned his head and looked at her. His eyes were moist as well, - 'Anaya was under pressure, indeed, but she and I had become friends. Why didn't she tell me? I told her everything. Didn't she trust me?' He said in a hoarse quivering voice.